Director Business Unit Biosimilars & Strategic Contracting (m/w) - Germany
- As the Biosimilar & Strategic Contracting lead for Germany, this individual conceptualizes, designs, tests and deploys company's health care provider engagement and reimbursement strategies. The incumbent implements our contracting strategy by developing and maintaining effective relationships with providers across Germany that result in convenient access and reimbursement, high quality, and value based healthcare services rendered to different key stakeholders in our HC system such as hospitals, payers and pharmacies.
- The incumbent is ensuring and developing strong network and relationship to all relevant customers and providers and will collaborate with the local Value, Access & Policy (VA&P) Team, consisting of Market Access, Health Economics & Outcomes Research, Policy and Government Affairs.
- Furthermore, this individual interacts closely with global and regional teams like the Pricing & Contracting team to translate global product VA&P strategies into specific operational tactics that are most effective at a country level:
- Develop and together with the teams execute an integrated national payer strategy leveraging the value of our brand products and our biosimilars for patients and payers in collaboration with Value, Access & Policy and the country management
- Assess the payer network needs and develop robust strategy to address access, contracting or pricing hurdles
- Anticipate changing payer landscapes by building and maintaining a deep understanding of HC-system, including emerging trends that can impact access for company products and our bio-similar's.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new payer reimbursement and incentive/risk models with input from Sales, Marketing and New Product Development Leads
- Further enhance and lead an effective provider relationship management framework that promotes delivery of high value, cost effective care
- Actively lead and coach the teams of Key Account Management, Regional Value & Access, Contracting & Pricing, Biosimilars as well as Value based Healthcare, unleashing their potential by providing feedback and guidance based on the company vision and the team’s purpose
- Mature business person who has experience in negotiations and creating value proposals for pharmaceuticals to turn the granted access into sustainable payer contracts
- National experience and track record of achievements
- Strong understanding of payer and government environment in Germany, especially reimbursement, pricing and contracting, value drivers, formulary management, HTA policy
- Excellent payer relations experience and experience in brand product and biosimilar commercialization
- Strategic planning and health policy experience
- Strong understanding of strategic pricing and contracting, including innovative approaches such as risk-sharing deals and others
- Strong strategic planning skills—both at the product and country (cross-portfolio) levels
- Ability to conduct situation analysis of external environment and synthesize relevant information for business strategies and support development of country-specific strategic plans
- Ability to identify compelling ways to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies in order to understand implications for payers
- Savvy outlook including deep understanding of government policy, commercial and business issues in the region gained from years of relevant experience
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and direct reports, and engage in productive debate and collaboration with senior leaders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (German and English, oral and written), including interpersonal skills to foster collaboration and to succeed in a highly-matrixed environment