Director Business Finance, North American Safety Assessment - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Provide financial leadership, direction and advice to the North American Safety Assessment (Toxicology)leadership and Finance teams to develop and implement a strategy for the business, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall business and financial strategies.
- Accountable for planning, directing and controlling the finance functions for North American Safety Assessment(Toxicology), including budget development, forecasting and control, financial analysis, and merger & acquisition (M&A)activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a member of the Global Safety Assessment finance leadership team.
- Assist with developing long-term strategic business plans for the business segment consistent with the established corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels of assigned business units in order to understand the full function of the business and provide accurate forecast information.
- Assume responsibility to direct, consolidate and administer annual budget preparation and in-year forecasting for the assigned business units.
- Provide leadership to all Finance personnel at the assigned Safety Assessment sites.
- Oversee the consolidation of financial reporting for business reviews (e.g., analyze results, prepare and present forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and regular in-year updates to senior corporate management).
- Direct analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financials compared to forecast, budget and prior year for the assigned business units.
- Direct analysis of monthly revenue recognition of assigned business units and perform monthly analysis of recorded revenue working in conjunction with the Revenue Centre of Excellence.
- Develop, implement and analyze commercial and cost analytics, such as standard costings for performance of the business, customers, service line profitability
- Perform complex analyses including year-to-year comparisons and margins on new services for forecasting and pricing purposes.
- Assist with finance activities related to Safety Assessment M&A and divestiture projects and subsequently oversee the integration of new business/acquisitions into CRL’s financial processes.
- Work closely with internal business partners, providing financial expertise on processes and value-added management to support them in achieving their objectives.
- Educate internal leaders on budget management to support good understanding of their accountability and ownership.
- Working with business units and corporate IT, ensure optimization of operating and financial systems, including the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Develop new approaches, processes or methods to solve new business problems, act as an agent of change and continuously reevaluating process to achieve expecting earnings growth.
- 10 or more years’ related experience in accounting/finance function, with three years of experience in financial analysis.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.