This job is currently Archived,
Director Business Finance European Safety Assessment - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
Department Marketing Statement
- Our company is one of the world’s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 11,000 employees throughout 70 facilities in 16 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services.
- We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
- Our European Safety Assessment Finance division currently has an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Business Finance.
- This key individual will provide financial leadership, direction and advice to the European Safety Assessment (Toxicology) leadership and Finance teams to develop and implement a strategy for the business, ensuring alignment with the company’s overall business and financial strategies.
- Accountable for planning, directing and controlling the finance functions for European Safety Assessment (Toxicology), including budget development, forecasting and control, financial analysis, and merger & acquisition (M&A) activities.
- Serve as a member of the Global Safety Assessment finance leadership team.
- Assist with developing long-term strategic business plans for the business segment consistent with the established corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels of assigned business units in order to understand the full function of the business and provide accurate forecast information.
- Assume responsibility to direct, consolidate and administer annual budget preparation and in-year forecasting for the assigned business units.
- Provide leadership to all Finance personnel at the assigned Safety Assessment sites.
- Oversee the consolidation of financial reporting for business reviews (e.g., analyze results, prepare and present forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and regular in-year updates to senior corporate management).
- Direct analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financials compared to forecast, budget and prior year for the assigned business units.
- Direct analysis of monthly revenue recognition of assigned business units and perform monthly analysis of recorded revenue working in conjunction with the Revenue Centre of Excellence.
- Develop, implement and analyze commercial and cost analytics, such as standard costings for performance of the business, customers, service line profitability
- Perform complex analyses including year-to-year comparisons and margins on new services for forecasting and pricing purposes.
- Assist with finance activities related to Safety Assessment M&A and divestiture projects and subsequently oversee the integration of new business/acquisitions into CRL’s financial processes.
- Work closely with internal business partners, providing financial expertise on processes and value-added management to support them in achieving their objectives.
- Educate internal leaders on budget management to support good understanding of their accountability and ownership.
- Working with business units and corporate IT, ensure optimization of operating and financial systems, including the company’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Develop new approaches, processes or methods to solve new business problems, act as an agent of change and continuously reevaluating process to achieve expecting earnings growth.
- Coordinate and evaluate efficiency and procurement initiatives to ensure optimized margins, and proactively work with other segments to share best practice.
- Assist in optimizing free cash flow through a combination of debt recovery and capital utilization initiatives.
- Working with Corporate Accounting, the business unit finance teams and Internal Audit staff, ensure Safety Assessment sites’ adherence to corporate governance standards (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley), pertinent regulatory requirements and to corporate finance/accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for personnel management activities of individuals and groups such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
Applicants should have:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
- Significant experience in an accounting/finance function, with experience of working in financial analysis.
- A recognized professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA, CA, CMA) is required.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day, company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking