Director Business Finance, Discovery EU Saffron Walden United Kingdom,
Charles River (company)
Department Marketing Statement
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Director Business Finance for our Discovery site located in Saffron Walden, UK.
Provide financial leadership, direction and advice to the European Safety Assessment (Toxicology) leadership and Finance teams to develop and implement a strategy for the business, ensuring alignment with the company s overall business and financial strategies. Accountable for planning, directing and controlling the finance functions for European Safety Assessment (Toxicology), including budget development, forecasting and control, financial analysis, and merger & acquisition (M&A) activities.
- Serve as a member of the Global Safety Assessment finance leadership team.
- Assist with developing long-term strategic business plans for the business segment consistent with the established corporate goals and objectives.
- Communicate effectively with staff at all levels of assigned business units in order to understand the full function of the business and provide accurate forecast information. 0
- Assume responsibility to direct, consolidate and administer annual budget preparation and in-year forecasting for the assigned business units.
- Provide leadership to all Finance personnel at the assigned Safety Assessment sites.
- Oversee the consolidation of financial reporting for business reviews (e.g., analyze results, prepare and present forecasts, budgets, strategic plans and regular in-year updates to senior corporate management). 0
- Direct analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual financials compared to forecast, budget and prior year for the assigned business units.
- Direct analysis of monthly revenue recognition of assigned business units and perform monthly analysis of recorded revenue working in conjunction with the Revenue Centre of Excellence.
- Develop, implement and analyze commercial and cost analytics, such as standard costings for performance of the business, customers, service line profitability
- Perform complex analyses including year-to-year comparisons and margins on new services for forecasting and pricing purposes. 0
- Assist with finance activities related to Safety Assessment M&A and divestiture projects and subsequently oversee the integration of new business/acquisitions into CRL s financial processes.
- Work closely with internal business partners, providing financial expertise on processes and value-added management to support them in achieving their objectives.
- Educate internal leaders on budget management to support good understanding of their accountability and ownership.
- Working with business units and corporate IT, ensure optimization of operating and financial systems, including the company s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Develop new approaches, processes or methods to solve new business problems, act as an agent of change and continuously reevaluating process to achieve expecting earnings growth.
- Coordinate and evaluate efficiency and procurement initiatives to ensure optimized margins, and proactively work with other segments to share best practice.
- Assist in optimizing free cash flow through a combination of debt recovery and capital utilization initiatives.
- Working with Corporate Accounting, the business unit finance teams and Internal Audit staff, ensure Safety Assessment sites adherence to corporate governance standards (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley), pertinent regulatory requirements and to corporate finance/accounting policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for personnel management activities of individuals and groups such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements and succession plans.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of training programs, including orientation, and, as appropriate, education to non-finance staff.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Director Business Finance position.
- Bachelor s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent required. 0MBA preferred.
- 10 or more years related experience in accounting/finance function, with three years of experience in financial analysis. 0An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Recognized professional accounting designation (e.g., CPA, CA, CMA) required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred. 0Excellent communication skills required.
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.0Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.0
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates