Director Business Development - France, United States
- Our company is a leading provider of high-quality pharmacology services, is recruiting a Director of Business Development .
- With over 25 years of experience in providing scientific and medical services in Early Clinical Development, our company possesses one of the largest clinical capabilities in Europe.
- The company’s new, 60,000 sq. ft., 110-bed, state-of-the art Clinical Pharmacology Unit is in the heart of University.
- The Business Development Director will work closely with teams, and be responsible for communicating both the scientific and operational benefits of company’s services to prospective clients.
- Also, this position will contribute to the continued growth and success of company by offering high levels of customer support to existing clients.
The Business Development Director will represent and promote the company to establish new long-term business collaborations with direct responsibility for identifying, contacting and meeting new prospects for the company Newark CPU as well as for company's global services.
- Actively prospect and generate new client prospects and business collaboration opportunities;
- Visit new prospects and new customers to sell and support company’s Newark CPU and services.
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with customers and develop in depth knowledge of their organization and needs;
- Collaborate with the company Medical Scientific Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Affairs group regarding the strategic analysis, feasibility assessments and development of proposals;
- Assist in decisions involving price structure and price negotiations;
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with clients through focused client visits and presentations to ensure high levels of Client satisfaction on client issues and needs;
- Achieve or exceed sale goals;
- Participate and organize conferences, trade shows, symposiums, etc.
- Contribute to the company Marketing and Sales strategy: elaborate marketing material with the sales team (e.g., brochures, company presentations);
- Execute sales activities, including sales planning, visits, reports and results.
- Maintain correspondences and information in the CRM database;
- Conduct in depth research using internet, phone, tradeshow, market intelligence database and other lead sources to generate new opportunities;
- Participate in arranging and hosting prospective client visits at the Newark CPU.
Travel: up to 60 %
- Advanced degree in business or scientific area preferred (MBA, MS);
- 5-8 years of previous experience in business development/sales with pharmaceutical and medical device companies;
- Very good understanding of the Drug Development Process and applicable regulations;
- Ability to recognize the needs of the customer and collaborate with the clinical areas to develop proposals that exceed customer expectations;
- Must be reliable, highly-motivated, well-organized, results-oriented, and customer-focused;
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and awareness and effectiveness in using various web and social media tools.
- Able to work in a fast paced matrix environment
- An established network of contacts within the Pharma Industry (preferred).
- Our company will provide an initial training on our methods, as well as an overview of all services in order to understand the different aspects of the work and to meet the different teams.
- Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.