This job is currently Archived,
Director, Bioanalytical Operations Lincoln United States,
Posted on : 09 April 2017
- Our company is searching for a full-time Director, Bio-analytical Operations.
- This position will lead the production sample preparation, extraction, sample analysis and scheduling operations in this division.
- They will serve as a strategist and implementer to ensure streamlined activities and operations within the organization to meet growing client needs.
Strategist and Implementer
- Help to define the operational resource requirements, both people and instruments, to support the fast growing bio-analytical division
- Develop and implement an automation strategy to meet 21st century laboratory demand
- Serve as an advisor to the Executive Director, gathering input to develop options/ scenario analyses to facilitate effective decision-making
- Coordinate/contribute to the execution of strategic initiatives, focused on improving business operations, or policy implementation.
- Drive paths of resolution for functional resource conflicts and project issues
- Hold teams accountable to a high standard of critical path execution, business discipline and timely delivery
- Coordinate with Human Resources to address staffing needs and resolve issues.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and communication liaison with Human Resources to ensure that staff issues are heard and judiciously addressed.
- Develop and implement appropriate metrics to evaluate performance objectively
- Team alignment: help to monitor and ensure that the goals of various teams within the research program are aligned towards achieving project priorities and scientific / operational objectives
Process & Quality Management
- Define/refine process strategy, operational milestones project milestones and set/monitor annual performance metrics.
- Contribute to budget planning and facilitate allocation of resources to achieve business objectives and client expectations
- Proactively monitor and identify at-risk deliverables, transparently communicate issues, and work with stakeholders to identify options and implement mitigation strategies.
- Lead Bioanalytical Quality Council and coordinate with quality control team activities with quality assurance to achieve departmental quality objectives
- Bachelor s degree in life science or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- Must have a minimum of ten years of progressive leadership experience in a CRO, medical device or biologic manufacturing environment
- Six Sigma black belt or equivalent preferred
- At least 3 years experience in Financial Management
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing personnel and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Persuasive with details and facts
Find a Job Find Candidates