This job is currently Archived,
Director, Application Services - United States
Posted on : 13 December 2016
The Director Applications Services is an enterprise level function reporting to the Head of Information Technology and serves as an integral part of the IT leadership team.
The Director is responsible for all aspects of information technology management, improving business processes and supporting critical business strategies. Manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems and recommendations for application enhancements, and development of guidelines, standards and policies and procedures. The director will be responsible for all business applications support across the enterprise including projects/programs and charged with strategic planning, tactical action and operational decision making to fulfill the mission of the IT department. The Director must be able to support applications and the implementation of new technical solutions.
This position will be involved in day to day activities and will be very hands on within the department.
- Assesses the short, immediate and long term company-wide technology needs and creates a technology roadmap for the delivery of technology solutions.
- Evaluates and selects technology solutions that will supplement or upgrade the current technology environment.
- Establish the deliverables and projected milestones for solution delivery in partnership with Program Management team to ensure that services are delivered on schedule and within budget.
- Educates the senior leadership regarding the values and usage of new technologies (Applications) in a growing and technology driven organization and industry.
- Establishes and maintains the strategy for the development, deployment and maintenance of the company’s applications environment that will ensure the integrity, security and privacy of the information maintained by the enterprise.
- Directs the work efforts of and provides leadership to all users in order to support the planning, design, implementation, and operational needs of the organization.
- Manages effective flow of information while demonstrating superior verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact effectively with all levels of computer users, experience interacting with users of information technology and translating their business requirements or challenges into measurable and fiscally responsible solutions. Must possess excellent documentation skills and willingness to share knowledge.
- Actively leads presentations to senior management on business requests, systems performance, communication plans, and new concepts.
- Leads a proactive approach to production support by expanding the monitoring and alerting processes and tools to deliver on business results while continuing to drive the execution of IT operational/small enhancements/continuous improvements projects in collaboration with suppliers, business partners, and IT management.
- Must have some experience but not limited to CRM, ERP, Learning Management System (LMS), Analytic tools, and Sharepoint
Experience and Skills
- B.A./ B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required, MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Track record of leading and delivering cost effective results
- Proven ability to evaluate and manage risk
- Possess strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to set priorities and focus on appropriate roadblocks that hinder the organization’s goals
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years experience and demonstrable focus in Pharmaceutical information services leadership and management
- Proven experience in managing all aspects of vendor relationship, coordination across various support towers including help desk, desk side support, infrastructure mgmt., contract negotiations, vendor performance management, transition management, knowledge management, metrics, SLA definition and ongoing measurements.
- Working knowledge of support related tools such as service now, asset management and ITIL framework.
- Strong knowledge of Portfolio, program, and project management including application portfolio rationalization and decommissioning strategies and execution challenges.
- Strong workload management skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly communicate with individuals from the CEO to the entry-level employee
- Ability to plan and schedule projects and work under deadlines – must multi-task effectively
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Experience of service level management.
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics.
- Ability to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to conduct research into software development and delivery concepts, as well as technical application issues.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.