Dir. GLBL Categories Procurement - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Develop and implement global category strategies, negotiate agreements and contracts, and manage special procurement project initiatives. Analyze and understand global multimillion dollar spend categories, Act as a strategic partner to functional areas within the company to lead the development and achievement of all category goals, including overall best value sourcing strategies for categories (quality, service and cost), negotiating and contracting, SRM (supplier relationship management), establishing partnerships with key suppliers, and harmonizing supplier base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement global category sourcing strategies with business leads for assigned categories of products and services, several which are complex and of strategic importance, high value and critical to the success of the business.
- Drive innovation and the development of how to satisfy the requirements of goods and services.
- Implement SRM with strategic suppliers and all key suppliers, and utilize analytics to enable effective procurement strategies to measure and improve supplier performance against key business objectives while reducing costs and increasing value.
- Stay current and informed on the market (category based), changing technologies, and global market trends to ensure CRL category strategies are delivering maximum value while maintaining quality and service.
- Identify, manage, and mitigate risks in the supply chain, follow market conditions and collect vendor intelligence; anticipate market trends and develop strategies.
- Utilize collaborative procurement for partnering and competitive processes to assure continuous improvements in quality, supply chain and service performance, and maximize the value to CRL.
- Liaise with procurement peers to ensure a consistent approach to category strategies and management.
- Develop, negotiate and manage global contractual relationships including all appropriate supply agreements, statements of work and quality specifications, and quality service agreements.
- Implement and manage cost savings and performance measurement systems for supplier contracts. Where appropriate, track, analyze and report cost savings against investment proposals, capital expenditure and contract spend commitments. Utilize and manage reporting procedures that meet the internal needs of Finance, Legal, Procurement and Audit.
- Ensure the enforcement of related process and policy, working with Finance, Legal, Procurement and Audit as appropriate. Create process documents, SOPs and work instructions as required.
- Develop senior level relationships to better understand and align with business strategy and direction to prioritize initiatives and harmonize business and category strategies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for categories managed; work closely with suppliers to ensure a complete understanding of the global market. Manage supplier relationships and serve as their key contact for contract management and service level adherence, ensure appropriate level of relationship for strategic suppliers.
- Utilize SRM process and develop formal supplier business review program and requirements as part of the overall supplier management process.
- Develop criteria for new supplier evaluation and qualification.
- Ensure business partners are aware of procurement standards and processes
- Utilize and manage procurement processes (category strategy, RFP, SRM, compliance, etc.).
- Assure the success of sourcing projects with attention to detail and communication with involved parties.
- Skillfully negotiate agreements in a timely manner, manage tough vendor situations and sensitive relationships ensuring value and minimizing risk.
- Resolve disputes and commercial issues with suppliers in conjunction with internal customers.
- Lead cross-functional teams identifying executable actions and drive implementation plans and schedules.
- Effectively communicate within and across departments and businesses.
- Direct activities of assigned group(s) to ensure optimum performance of the group/function.
- Manage and direct Global Category Mangers, Senior Managers, and/or Associate Directors.
- Work with other procurement leaders to implement and maintain efficient and effective processes and systems with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for personnel management activities such as: scheduling, personnel actions (hiring, promotions, transfers, etc.), training and development, providing regular direction and feedback on performance, disciplinary actions and preparing and delivering annual performance and salary reviews.
- Develop short- and long-range operating objectives, organizational structure, staffing requirements, development plans, and succession plans.
- Integrate activities with those of other major organizational units (e.g. segments, departments, functions).
- Develop and recommend departmental budget and authorize expenditures.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of departmental training programs.
- Support the policy of equal employment opportunity through affirmative action in personnel actions.
- Ensure adherence to pertinent regulatory requirements and to departmental policies, practices and procedures [SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols].
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in a related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Experience: 12 years related experience, including significant management/leadership experience, preferably in a life sciences company and/or multinational corporation.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: CPM preferred.
- Other: Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal, analytical, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills required. Must possess in-depth knowledge of complex pricing arrangements and supplier profitability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet