Digital Media Specialist - United States
Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
- Position Summary:
- Responsible for consulting with functional groups and business areas to develop digital tactics to meet business objectives including developing rich website and media content, optimizing search engine results and engaging in dynamic professional social networking. This member of the Corporate Communications Department will provide support for Aesculap, Inc., Aesculap Implant Systems, LLC and Aesculap Biologics, LLC. This includes strategizing with key personnel from a variety of departments (Marketing, Sales, H.R.), working closely with outside vendors to deliver final products while adhering to the Corporate Design.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Consult on the strategy of on-line ad campaigns and implement them by analyzing and executing media buys, creating dynamic web graphics and landing pages and analyzing ad performance statistics
- Social Media strategy, implementation and analytics; member of global social media taskforce
- Consult with functional groups and business areas to develop digital tactics to meet business objectives
- Manage company eblast program
- Recommend changes and enhance web content, site design and functionality across four corporate websites to meet organizational goals
- On-going improvement of search engine optimization
- Research and implement local public relations and advertising activities (print, digital, events, sponsorships, etc.) to increase awareness of Aesculap in the community
- Consult on strategy and manage implementation of marketing communications projects for Aesculap Biologics and Aesculap Veterinary Care across all mediums and channels (print, digital, conventions, etc.). Work in conjunction with Communications Manager.
- Develop, distribute and analyze useful analytics on all site traffic, email campaigns and advertising campaigns. Use data to recommend actions to meet business objectives.
- Strengthening internal communication by enhancing facility message boards
- Work with Marketing to create product/patient specific micro sites
- Conduct benchmarking, attend seminars and read industry publications to keep current with emerging digital technologies and drive the company’s digital presence
- Maintain consistent look and feel throughout all web properties and adhere to the Corporate Design
- Create content for and maintain the company Intranet
- Write, edit and proofread website, eblast and digital ad content
- Must comply with applicable ISO and FDA regulations as stated in Quality Manual
- Must embody the Company’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Other duties may be assigned
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Expertise: Qualifications-Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- BS/BA Required
- 5 years experience required in a corporate environment
- Must be highly organized and have good time management skills; project management skills a plus
- Proficiency in web content management systems and Google Analytics
- Experience in managing corporate social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Working knowledge of Constant Contact, Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Regulated industry experience preferred, healthcare industry experience a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position could require the handling of instruments that may or may not have been contaminated by blood or other body fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Aesculap will provide a safe working environment for all employees. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.