Digital Design Engineer (Vermont) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Digital Design Engineer
Location: (Shelburne, Vermont)
Reports To: (Senior Design Engineering Lead)
Employment Type: (full-time position)
We are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join our R&D team in the development of embedded systems for use in the medical application and commercial augmented/virtual reality space. You will be responsible for detailed design and development of DSP and CPU based systems, along with FPGA and low level interfaces, including USB and Bluetooth from conception to implementation, and will work as part of a cross-functional R&D team, building solutions for our OEM partners. This role requires someone with a proven record of architecting and implementing embedded hardware systems. The successful candidate will be highly organized, results-driven and effective at hardware design, implementation and testing.
The successful candidate will be joining our growing team of professionals at the Northern Digital Incorporated (NDI) office – one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont 2017 located in Shelburne, Vermont.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Participate in discussions with internal/external customers to ensure application requirements are fully understood and recorded
- Design to NDI’s internal development standards, and produce associated technical documentation to meet design control requirements
- Prepare material and participate in peer reviews
- Participate in defining/developing appropriate tests for the embedded designs
- Integrate designs with the embedded system software
- Ensure completion is timely, striving to meet or exceed project milestones
NDI is committed to achieving excellence in our Quality activities, which is dependent upon the processes, practices and employees of NDI. Our objective is to maintain a Quality Management System in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, the US FDA Quality System Regulation as well as any additional regulatory requirements of the markets in which our products are sold. Employees of NDI are instrumental to our compliance efforts, and are required to understand and comply with the QMS.
Education and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years (ie. embedded hardware systems) engineering experience
- 3+ years of recent hands-on experience with DSPs, ARMs and digital design. Signal processing a plus.
- Experience in developing RS-232, USB and Bluetooth solutions
- Some familiarity with C/C++ a plus.
- Analog design a plus.
Desired Characteristics/Additional Assets:
- Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills
- Good personal organization as well as written and oral communication skills
- Physics/mathematics background a plus