Digital Architect New Haven United States,
In this role you will lead the delivery of a digital architecture to support Alexion’s initiative to deliver a best in class employee experience platform. As a member of the IT Digital Engagement team you will partner with IT, business and external partners to establish and deliver the architecture to support an internal engagement platform. The Digital Platform Architect will be a dynamic leader expected to play a critical role in shaping the long-term architecture for delivery and further evolutions. The ideal candidate is someone comfortable managing 3rd party vendors, while challenging to ensure delivery is scalable and sustainable for operational excellence. The position requires a strong leader with proven knowledge of application development, mobile and digital best practices. Experience in user centric design and architecture desired.
Business Partnership and Development
- Provide leadership and best practices for digital platform architecture and integration across multiple systems and platform
- Lead the process to combine visual design with platform integration to ensure delivery of mobile and desktop platform with optimal end user experience
- Experience in delivery of scalable and flexible integrated platforms across multiple business functions
- Experience designing, managing and implementing enterprise architecture platforms for digital/mobile solutions
- Ability to collaborate across work-streams including, security, data management, business partnering and collaboarting business teams
- Design, advise, and lead digital platform architecture concept from strategy to delivery
- Establish and own run-model support and plan for platform
- Own technical architecture documentation, process creation and governance
- Define standards, vendor and technology selection, and security policies
- Responsible for budgeting – Understanding GAAP accounting for CAPEX and OPEX
- Demonstrated success of leading digital and mobile solution design and execution from concept to launch
- Experience leading new platforms projects driven by end user engagement/user experience with full scale organizational reach. With understanding of how user centric design leads to enhanced outcomes, lower time on task and better user experience.
- 10-15 years of experience with digital and mobile platform integration in large scale organizations
- 10-15 years of digital as well as mobile application experience, with a strong technical understanding of digital as well as mobile technologies (IOS, Android) and trends, including social platforms
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to lead and inspire cross-functional groups, proven ability to think end-to-end, establish priorities, manage long-term projects, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communications (written/verbal) and presentation skills
- Understanding of digital pharma landscape
- Analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to structure an issue and analyze alternative solutions
- Experience working on Enterprise content management system, such as SiteCore, Adobe Experience Manager
- Experience with mobile development across multiple platforms
- Bachelors Degree in computer science
- MBA preferred
New Haven, CT, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime – like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts’ Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion’s aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.
Find a Job Find Candidates