Diagnostic Medical Manager/Director, Instruments, Europe - France
- Function and work as the Diagnostic Technical referral for internal and external customers in the field of instrument diagnostics in Europe Africa Middle East and add value to company by developing a specific expertise in the instruments segment.
- She or he will have to ensure that all his-her activities bring added value to our customers, competitive advantages to our company and support the sales performances.
- Achieve the growth objectives of the company diagnostic business in the region in co-operation and alignment with BU species marketing & technical team.
- Support the local species business units, Diagnostic Sales Director(s) and Manager(s) in the region, local Area Veterinary Specialists and other members of the regional species team to successfully lead promotion and delivery on this portfolio, with the goal of maximizing sales for Diagnostics.
- Trouble shoot diagnostics products related issues including product performance.
Towards external Customers / Contacts, the Diagnostic Medical Manager/Director, Instruments, Europe will :
- Provide technical / medical support to lab technicians, vets, distributors and other customers that are dealing with the company Instruments Diagnostic portfolio across species.
- In liaison with the local teams and after agreement with the diagnostic commercial lead, provide as needed, training, answer technical questions that customers may have.
- Identify and develop relationships with KOLs to support market education, products -services development.
- Develop actions with KOLs in agreement with the commercial Diagnostic Manager influencing the market place to develop sales.
- Participate in local and national professional trade shows and events as well as visiting veterinary schools or universities to promote our company Diagnostics products.
- Successfully develop and maintain positive and sustained interactions with laboratory customers to establish a relationship of trust with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Towards internal stakeholders, the Diagnostic Medical Manager/Director, Instruments, Europe will :
- Partner with the Diagnostic Sales Director(s) and Manager(s) to support the development and execution of strategies and tactics for achieving sales targets.
- Organize training of local company team developing local team knowledge on instrument diagnostics and company DX portfolio.
- Provide technical support regarding instrument diagnostics to local ZTS teams across species.
- May bring support to local company teams to facilitate product registration in liaison with relevant regulatory team members.
- May bring support to facilitate product trials in coordination with VMRD colleagues.
- Provide regular insights and is in close contact with the company Diagnostic global and International medical team.
- Ensure a constant information flow and knowledge transfer is achieved with the different technical & marketing stakeholders in the region, including VMRD (Phase IIIb/IV studies) VMRA (registration) and business development.
- Play an important role in the Pharmacovigilance process: collect cases from local market / distributor to ensure that the maximum of information is transmitted to the International - Global team in charge.
- Be part of the International technical community for diagnostics.
Experiences / qualifications required are :
- Education: DVM (veterinary medicine degree) or relevant biomedical background (Master level) is required.
- 5-10 years'experience in animal health - instrument diagnostics environment preferred
- Previous experience in a technical role in AH industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of field-based clinical trials desirable
- Significant knowledge of local market structure of the target species group
- Languages: good command of English. Proficiency in other languages of the designated Region will be an asset.
- Other specific know-how: good Microsoft Office user: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competences & Skills
- Excellent oral communication skills;
- Capabilities to adapt his-her technical communication to non-expert and transmit his/her knowledge;
- Strong team spirit is a must;
- Should be able to understand technical trends and evolution of the market place, make proposals to relevant colleagues anticipating these trends to maintain company competiveness;
- Be open and accountable for his/ her actions;
- Analytic mind with a good sense of synthesis.
Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.