This job is currently Archived,
Diagnostic Medical Manager APAC - China
Posted on : 10 April 2017
Job description and main responsibilities :
- She or he will provide technical support for company Diagnostics portfolio (Point of Care / Lab kits / Devices / Instruments) within the company APAC organization as well as for external customers (Public or Private referral Lab, veterinarian across species).
- By developing a specific expertise regarding company diagnostics products she or he will bring added value to company products and services
- She or he will be the Diagnostic Technical referral for internal and external customers in the field of in vitro diagnostics.
- She or he will have to ensure that all his-her activities bring added value to our customers, competitive advantages to our company and support the sales performances
- Achieve the growth objectives of the company Diagnostic business in the APAC region in co-operation and alignment with BU species marketing & technical team.
- Identifying and developing business relationships with internal and external decision makers.
- Support the local species business units, Diagnostic Sales Manager(s) in the region, local Area Veterinary Specialists and other members of the APAC species team to successfully lead promotion and delivery on this portfolio, with the goal of maximizing sales for Diagnostics.
External Customers / contacts :
- Provide technical - medical support to lab technicians, vets, distributors and other customers that are dealing with the company Diagnostic portfolio across species
- Regarding Point of Care, Lab or Instruments-devices business, in liaise with the local teams and after agreement with the diagnostic commercial lead, provide as needed, training, answer technical questions that customers may have
- Identify and develop relationships with KOLs to support market education, products -services development
- Develop actions with KOLs in agreement with the commercial Diagnostic Manager influencing the market place to develop sales.
- Participate in local and national professional trade shows and events as well as visiting veterinary schools or universities to promote company Diagnostics products
- Successfully develop and maintain positive and sustained interactions with laboratory customers to establish a relationship of trust with customers and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty
Internal stakeholders :
- Partner with the Diagnostic Sales Manager(s) to support the development and execution of strategies and tactics for achieving sales targets
- Organize training of local company team developing local team knowledge on diagnostics and company DX portfolio
- Provide technical support regarding diagnostic to local ZTS teams across species
- May bring support to local company teams to facilitate product registration in liaise with relevant regulatory team members
- May bring support to facilitate product trials in coordination with VMRD colleagues
- Provide regular insights and is in close contact with the company Diagnostic global and International medical team
- Ensure a constant information flow and knowledge transfer is achieved with the different technical & marketing stakeholders in the region, including VMRD (Phase IIIb/IV studies) VMRA (registration) and business development.
- Play an important role in the Pharmacovigilance process: collect cases from local market / distributor to ensure that the maximum of information is transmitted to the international -Global team in charge
- Be part of the International technical community for diagnostics
Experiences / qualifications required :
- Education: DVM (veterinary medicine degree) or relevant biomedical background (Master level) is required.
- Practical experience:
- 5-10 years'experience in animal health - diagnostics environment preferred
- Previous experience in a technical role in AH industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of field-based clinical trials desirable
- Significant knowledge of local market structure of the target species group
- Languages: Good command of English and Chinese languages is required.
- Proficiency in other languages of the designated Region will be an asset.
- Other specific know-how: good Microsoft Office user: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Competences & Skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Capabilities to adapt his-her technical communication to non-expert and transmit his/her knowledge.
- Strong team spirit is a must
- Should be able to understand technical trends and evolution of the market place, make proposals to relevant colleagues anticipating these trends to maintain company competitiveness
- Be open and accountable for his/ her actions
- Analytic mind with a good sense of synthesis
- Territory cover : APAC region with 50 % of his/her time on China and 50 % to APAC Excluding China cluster (with strong Focus on Australia / Thailand / Japan / Korea / Indonesia / Vietnam / Philippines)
- Expected Travel across Asia could represent up to 30 % of the colleague time but in order to be cost efficient many meetings / trainings should be organized through web conferences
- Our company is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways.
- Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.