Developmental Scientist I - Virology - United States
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Developmental Scientist I in Virology for our Biologics Testing Solutions site located in Malvern.
Serve as a scientist within the Virology department in the conduct of assigned research studies, to include study development, optimization, management, interpretation and reporting of study data, and assuring the regulatory compliance of these projects. In addition, directly supervise employees involved in the research and development of both internal and client testing procedures. The essential duties and responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Function as a principal investigator in the direction and execution of assigned studies in compliance with GMPs
- Perform research to optimize both routine and high-quality protocols
- Evaluation, execution and review of procedures
- Function as contact for the planning and execution of client interaction related to assigned studies
- Review, interpret, integrate, and present data on assigned studies
- Provide technical guidance
- Personnel management
The following are minimum requirements related to the Developmental Scientist - Virology position.
- Education: Ph.D. with 0-3 years of experience; Master’s Degree with 2-5 years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree with 7 or more years of experience in the contract testing or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None
- Other: Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs and GMPs. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software Including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. with standard laboratory calculations and interpretations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet