- The project planner (PP) belongs to a group of planners providing support to development project managers, development function experts and line managers.
- They make sure that project functional plans contain up-to-date scope, timeline, out-of-pocket (OOP) cost and resource information and that reports on such information get distributed to the various stakeholder across the organisation.
- Take responsibility for developing and maintaining project functional plans for one or more assigned drug development functional area (e.g. clinical, CMC, preclinical, regulatory) and one or more development for projects
- Organize the periodic (at least monthly) update of assigned project functional plans based on feedback collected from development function experts
- Update scope and timelines for identified scope elements
- Update OOP estimates for identified scope elements
- Liaise with development operations team to align on the transactional processes inherent to the outsourcing model for development activities
- Liaise with functional line managers to capture resource estimates changes and update resource estimates based on feedback collected
- Collaborate with the respective development project managers to clarify the impact of potential project functional plan changes towards the project cross-functional development plan overall, and its critical path specifically.
- Where applicable, work with project managers and function experts to optimize functional plan changes and to minimize the impact on the project cross-functional development plan by evaluating alternatives for proposed plan
- Run the necessary project plan reports and ensure distribution thereof to the stakeholder pool
- Collaborate with the project managers, function experts and line managers to execute annual budget and forecast processes
- Coach and support function experts and line managers in entering the necessary data directly into the project functional plans and organize regular update meetings with those in order to ensure accuracy on data entry
- Support project/portfolio driven initiatives and processes
- Contribute to project/portfolio analyses and presentations driven by project teams or development management teams
- Contribute to periodic review of company R&D performance vs. industry standards
- Contribute to the EPPM system support, in collaboration with the IS department.
- Manage the system on a day-to-day basis, including the maintenance of master data, the investigation of suspected bugs and issues, executing periodic business runs and batches, and any other action required for the proper running of the system
- Train new users on the system set-up and how to retrieve information out of it
- Consolidate user requests for additional system improvements, reported issues, and coordinate IS efforts to address those in order of priority.
- Monitor internal organisational changes and trends with a view to detect and address any need to adapt the system to its revised operational environment
- Maintain internal project templates with concerned stakeholders and update those in the planning system as relevant
- Where applicable, contribute to the project management community for the design, development, roll-out and maintenance of renewals of the company EPPM system. Assigned tasks can be related to:
- Contribution to the definition and documentation of future processes around the new system
- Support to develop project functional and PM templates
- Contribution to the system test phases
- Contribution to training material development ahead of the system launch
- Providing training sessions to new users
- Coaching new system users during system roll-out
- 3+ years Pharma R&D experience with exposure to drug development
- Experience with project planning and EPPM tools
- Exposure to budget management and financial reporting requirements for a publicly listed R&D company is a plus
- Experience with user support role is appreciated
- Ability to work with systems and databases
- Sense for empathy and willingness to help, while demonstrating diplomatic ability to challenge and push back as necessary
- Naturally curious personality with eagerness to learn and grow
- Pragmatic and user-centric, with a sense of urgency; ability to work under stress
- Strong interpersonal, including listening skills
- Fluent in English, oral knowledge of Dutch and French is a plus
- Ability to adapt to the audience