Development of enhanced acoustic trim materials for engine bay noise abatement - Belgium
- The PhD candidate will focus on the development of acoustic trim materials for noise abatement.
- Given alternative vehicle power trains with novel noise characteristics, optimized noise treatments have to be developed combining good acoustic performance with low weight and reasonable thermal performance. Innovative concepts such as meta-materials hold potential for blocking noise in certain frequency bands by tuning the material’s internal design.
- Knowledge of numerical modelling, programming languages and signal processing is a strong advantage.
- Candidates get the opportunity to perform this work as part of a PhD study.
- All members of the network are equal opportunity employers, both female and male candidates are invited to apply.
- The applicant may be of any nationality.
- The applicant shall at the time of recruitment be in the first four years of his/her research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- This is measured from the date when the applicant obtained the degree, which would formally entitle him/her to register as PhD candidate.
- The applicant must not have resided or carried out his/her main activity in the country of the host institute for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment.
- Our company offers to the selected candidate a stimulating and ambitious research environment
- which is embedded in the DNA, a premier destination for Health, High-Tech and Creativity
- considered an extremely nice place to live and work.