Development Associate II, Upstream Development - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The Development Associate II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support the development and optimization of cell culture manufacturing processes for company's biotherapeutic candidates.
- The Development Associate II will work in collaboration with other members of GPD, and with scientific staff in other Research & Development groups as well as Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Quality Control groups .
- With limited supervision, lead experimental studies to develop, optimize or qualify manufacturing processes for biotherapeutic candidates (35%)
- Execute experimental studies and analyze results to support manufacturing process development of therapeutic proteins (35%)
- Document study results in notebooks, forms, and technical reports (10%)
- Coordinate laboratory management including ordering and maintenance (5%)
- Regularly collaborate with other BPD groups, Research groups, Technical Operations groups and external vendors (10%)
- Communicate findings to colleagues within the group through informal presentations (5%)
- 2+ years of experience working in a relevant laboratory setting
- Demonstrated the ability to perform routine cell culture work using good aseptic technique
- Experience working with statistical software such as JMP or DesignExpert
- An understanding of the principles behind continuous stirred tank reactors for culturing cells
- Proficiency with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas