Development Associate II, Process Development - United States
The Development Associate II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support the development and optimization of purification processes for Alexion’s biotherapeutic candidates. The Development Associate II will work in collaboration with other members of Process Development and Analytical Sciences, including Late Stage Upstream Development, Early Stage Development and Global Product Development.
- Conducts experimental studies to develop, optimize, and characterize manufacturing processes for biotherapeutic candidates
- Executes experimental studies to support scale up of manufacturing processes or troubleshooting of issues at manufacturing scale as required for therapeutic proteins
- Documents study results in notebooks, forms, and technical reports
- Assists in laboratory management including ordering and maintenance
- Experience in any area of biologics process development (cell culutre and/or purification) is preferred.
- Experience of performing chromatographic protein purification is required
- Experience with Unicorn programming and operation of AKTA and other chromatography skids is preferred
- Experience in nano filtration and ultrafiltration/dialfiltration is preferred
- Proficiency with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience with Design of Experiments Software (e.g. JMP) is preferred.
A successful candidate will typically hold a BS or MS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university with 2 to 4 years of relevant experience.
New Haven, CT, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer