Development Associate II , Early Assay Development - United States
The Development Associate II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support research, the development and optimization of manufacturing processes or analytical/characterization methods for Alexion’s biotherapeutic candidates. The Development Associate II will work in collaboration with other members of Process Development and Analytical Sciences.
- Conduct experimental studies to develop, optimize or qualify manufacturing processes or analytical/characterization methods for biotherapeutic candidates (40-50%)
- Execute experimental studies to support manufacturing process development or analysis of therapeutic proteins (40-50%)
- Document study results in notebooks, forms, and technical reports (5%)
- Assist in laboratory management including maintenance (5%)
- A successful candidate will typically have 2+ years’ relevant work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Candidate must follow written procedures for laboratory tests, as trained and qualified, including: Surface plasmon resonance, ELISA , gel electrophoresis (IEF, SDS-PAGE, LoC), and HPLC)
- Recognize aberrant test and sample conditions and report them to the area supervisor / manager with a detailed assessment of the circumstances. Provide input as applicable.
- Perform all job functions in compliance with cGxPs and maintain accurate and legible laboratory records.
- Ensure training is current for all job functions performed. Attend all required Company training.
- Proficiency with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- A successful candidate will typically hold a BS degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
New Haven, CT, United States
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Alexion, please visit www.alexionpharma.com or download our App for iPhones and Blackberries.
Alexion is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative action employer