Development Associate II, Early Stage Process Development - United States
- The Development Associate II is responsible for performing assigned experimental tasks to support the development and optimization of cell culture production and purification processes for our company's bio therapeutic candidates and will be expected to accurately follow written procedures and contribute to laboratory tasks under limited supervision.
- The Development Associate II will collaborate regularly with scientific staff in other Research & Development groups as well as with manufacturing personnel.
- Conducts experimental studies to develop, optimize, and characterize upstream and downstream manufacturing processes for bio therapeutic candidates under limited supervision (40-50%).
- Executes experimental studies to support scale up of processes or troubleshooting of issues at manufacturing scale (20-30%).
- Documents study results in notebooks, forms, and technical reports (15%).
- Assists in laboratory management including ordering and maintenance (5%).
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience in laboratory settings.
- Demonstrated ability to perform routine cell culture work using aseptic technique and/or experience of performing chromatographic protein purification.
- Experience with unicorn programming and operation of AKTA and other chromatography skids is preferred.
- Proficiency with various MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Design of Experiments Software is preferred (e.g. JMP).
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Our company developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders.
- As the global leader in complement inhibition, our company is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders.
- Our company's metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders
- In addition, our company is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas