- SQL Developent (1-10)
- VB .Net (1-10)
- SSRS (1-10)
The Senior Developer / Analyst will be part of an energetic team motivated to implement high quality solutions for delivery of state-of-the-art genetic products for customers. The Senior Developer / Analyst will deliver key enhancements to mission-critical commercial product delivery systems for Genetics. Reporting to the Manager of Product Delivery, the Developer / Analyst will design, develop, document, and deploy solutions for the delivery of genomic laboratory testing and prediction products.
The Senior Develop / Analyst will be expected to take a leadership role in driving outcomes to assure that enhancements are delivered on time and to quality standards, both through directing the work of other developers and through individual contributions. Therefore it is essential that the person in this role have high order technical skills to independently develop key functionality, the ability to communicate and collaborate as a member of the team, and the ability to organize, communicate, and direct the work of junior developers on the team.
The individual in this role will follow the software development lifecycle, working collaboratively with other developers, analysts, and business professionals. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, analysis, and documentation skills, with an ability to begin with a high level requirement and through progressive refinement to define and deliver a solution. Effective and verbal and written communication skills are essential for collaboration with business stakeholders and technical team members, using business or technical language as appropriate to each audience.
This role also has a support component. The person in this role will be expected to take on productions support assignments.
All candidates must have experience working in a Microsoft development environment including VB 2008/2013 and SQL Server 2012. Strong database development skills including SQL/T-SQL are required.
* Deliver solutions according to agreed project timelines, taking the initiative to drive the outcomes requested by the business and ITS management.
* Develop and support VB.NET/ASP.NET/SQL Server systems, including troubleshooting, bug fixes, and enhancements.
* Define / document robust business system requirements. A variety of tools and techniques are used, including user stories, interviews, observation, workflow/process/data modelling / analysis.
* Analyze requirements to develop solution designs, working with stakeholders in the business and ITS.
* Translate business requirements into data design requirements and subsequent data models.
* Develop, implement, and maintain ITS solutions and databases that meet requirements.
* Manage the communication of requirements, expectations and priorities between time zones and teams in a manner which optimizes resource usage and minimizes turnaround times.
* Ensure that requirements are addressed in the solution and that the solution is tested adequately.
* Create and maintain system development lifecycle documentation.
* Participate in and/or drive problem investigation and resolution.
* Participate in continuous improvement activities aimed at reducing cycle times, eliminating redundancies and increasing throughput.
Education and Experience:
* Undergraduate degree related to information or computer science
* 3+ years relevant IT experience, ideally with Laboratory, Life Sciences, and/or Customer Service applications
* 3+ years experience collecting, analyzing, and documenting requirements
* Strong database skills including fluency in SQL
* Proven ability to translate business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities. Experience in the application of project management principles and software development life cycle management
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
* Strong analytical problem-solving skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively on cross-functional project teams or individually, as needed
* Interpersonal skills necessary to collaborate with existing subject matter experts, across many functions, and utilize them as team members
* Proven success in delivering IT solutions
* Software development experience
* Ability to transform data in files or databases
* Ability to take direction and to complete tasks with minimal direction
* Ability to prioritize issues and drive progress in ambiguous situations
* Strong experience with SQL Server (2012/2008R2/2008)
* Excellent SQL and T-SQL skills
* Visual Studio / Visual Basic 2008/2013 /ASP.NET /ADO.NET
* Database design
* Windows OS
* Excellent skills in basic office and business tools, including MS-Excel, MS-Word, and MS-Visio.
* Deep understanding of information delivery principles including the creation of abstraction layers, query optimization, and report level calculations
* SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and/or Crystal Reports
* Team Foundation Server
* Ability to work with large datasets
* Power BI or other BI tools
* Amazon AWS Services
* Genetics and/or bioinformatics