Design Engineer – Electromagnetic Navigation - Germany
- Electromagnetic tracking is a powerful and versatile technology. It is used to navigate surgical instruments in applications like ENT or Neurosurgery.
- For our growing electromagnetic [EM] navigation department we are looking for a new design engineer.
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team – a kind of a startup within a well-established and inspiring company.
- As a design engineer you will:
- Work independently as well as in small teams
- Develop sterile and non-sterile tracked instruments for our lab EM navigation systems
- Assume ownership within the project
- Develop medical devices for image guided surgery from idea to market launch including:
- Patent and competitor research
- Systematic development of concepts and evaluation thereof
- Design of mechanical devices (machined/ injection molded)
- Perform and coordinate functional tests of medical devices
- Create technical documentation according to international and company standards
- Coordinate with external development partners and suppliers
- Maintain the documentation of existing medical products
WHAT YOU OFFER
The ideal candidate has:
- Education in mechanical engineering or related discipline, or equivalent working experience
- Extensive experience with CAD systems (preferred Creo Parametric with Windchill)
- Very good written and oral communication skills in English
- Good written and oral communication skills in German
- Experience in writing technical documentation for medical devices
- Well organized and clearly structured working style
- High quality documentation standards
- Plus: Experience in the development of EM tracked instruments
- Plus: Knowledge of clinical workflows and devices in the field of ENT/cranial surgery
- We offer you a professional business atmosphere, an international team and a performance-oriented environment as a base to consequently realize your ideas.
- Through distinguished training, efficient education and the regular exchange of experience with colleagues from different departments, you will develop and be challenged, both professionally and personally.