Design Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
This position will be responsible for performing the necessary engineering development tasks, including investigation, invention, prototype, design (including detail drawings, structural analysis, tolerance analysis, etc.), testing, and validation bringing new and or existing technology to bear on product and design by performing the following duties:
- In cases of new product implementation, works with CAD designers and technicians to prepare all specs, drawings, documents, material components that are needed to implement the program into manufacturing.
- Generates and or works with Design Verification department and or manufacturing sites to prepare design verification, validation and test protocols & reports necessary for the execution and successful completion of the project developmental tasks.
- Direct participation on design reviews, FMEAs. Interact with other departments and functional areas to expedite projects,
- Provide technical support to customers as required under the direct supervision of Senior Engineer, coordinates the product production and supply for in-house and or customer clinical trials.
- Continues the technology transfer activity after initial production startup for a relevant period of time.
- BS in Engineering (preferably Mechanical or Biomedical) or related degree. Advanced degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Engineering experience in the design of medical devices, preferably in mechanically driven mechanisms.
- Must be able to communicate appropriately and accurately both orally and in writing the progress of assignments and product development efforts.
- Independent thinker and problem solver with experience in process development is desirable.