Derivatives Operator - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Work in a unique operating plant which manufactures a wide range of finished products, involving the use of extremely hazardous raw materials.
- New product development and continuous improvement to existing formulations and procedures occurs continuously (greater than 125 process changes per year). Operators are required to review and comprehend all process changes.
- Requires the handling of many pyrophoric, toxic, corrosive and extremely hazardous materials.
- Extreme caution must be exercised in the performance of all job duties to ensure personal safety and prevent all incidents or environmental releases.
- Must ensure that the control room is attended at all times.
- Must have working knowledge of total plant. Operator is required to interpret and notify appropriate personnel when any alarms or unusal activity is observed.
- Coordinate and activate emergency procedure when appropriate and required, including the emergency telephone, emergency stop buttons for various processes, emergency evacuation alarm and calls to outside agencies ambulance and fire.
- Required to prepare equipment for maintenance work by isolating, depressurizing and decontaminating piping or pumps.
- Required to perform pressure testing and leak checking following repairs or preventative maintenance prior to starting up normal operations.
- Operators rotate areas of responsibility on a shift basis, throughout the two trains running in the plant.
- A knowledge of all areas is required by the four operating groups.
- Competently operate the following equipment and perform procedures:
- High pressure autoclave, autoclave vent scrubber associated heat exchanger, pumps and instrumentation in both trains.
- Phosphine weigh tank and associated instrumentation in both trains
- Catalyst mix tank and associated pumps and instrumentation in both trains
- Tank farm, raw material and intermediate tanks, pumps, exchangers and associated instrumentation.
- Vacuum and atmospheric stripper, associated pumps, associated dry vacuum pump, cut tanks and instrumentation
- Two glass lined reactors, associated heating and cooling exchangers and pumps, associated instrumentation and computerized control; vacuum pump associated with one GLR.
- Two high speed aqueous/organic separators and associated pumps and instrumentation.
- Aerophine centrifuge, associated pumps, vessels, agitators and exchangers, and candle filter (train 2)
- Final adjustment tank, urea dissolving/wet stripper vessel and associated pumps exchanger and instrumentation
- Follow operating procedures for seventeen different products.
- Monitor all annunciator alarms, respond to or communicate information to other operators and supervisor.
- Monitor video cameras for main gate, phosphine storage tank and flare stack, respond to or communicate information to other operators and supervision.
- Competently and safely package final products in drums, totes, cylinders, trucks, iso containers and railcars. Ensure proper labels, placards and seals are applied.
- Bachelors of Science degree in related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) preferred
- 1-5 years of work experience