Posted on : 26 February 2017
- work in a unique operating plant which manufactures a wide range of finished products, involving the use of extremely hazardous raw materials.
- new Product Development and continuous improvement to existing Pharmacy" rel="nofollow">Formulations and procedures occurs continuously (greater than 125 process changes per year). operators are required to review and comprehend all process changes.
- requires the handling of many pyrophoric, toxic, corrosive and extremely hazardous materials.
- extreme caution must be exercised in the performance of all job duties to ensure personal safety and prevent all incidents or environmental releases.
- must ensure that the control room is attended at all times.
- must have working knowledge of total plant. operator is required to interpret and notify appropriate personnel when any alarms or unusal activity is observed.
- coordinate and activate emergency procedure when appropriate and required, including the emergency telephone, emergency stop buttons for various processes, emergency evacuation alarm and calls to outside agencies ambulance and fire.
- required to prepare equipment for maintenance work by ISOlating, depressurizing and decontaminating piping or pumps.
- required to perform pressure Testing and leak checking following repairs or preventative maintenance prior to starting up normal Operations.
- operators rotate areas of responsibility on a shift basis, throughout the two trains running in the plant.
- a knowledge of all areas is required by the four operating groups.
- competently operate the following equipment and perform procedures:
- high pressure Autoclave, Autoclave vent scrubber associated heat exchanger, pumps and instrumentation in both trains.
- phosphine weigh tank and associated instrumentation in both trains
- catalyst mix tank and associated pumps and instrumentation in both trains
- tank farm, raw material and intermediate tanks, pumps, exchangers and associated instrumentation.
- vacuum and atmospheric stripper, associated pumps, associated dry vacuum pump, cut tanks and instrumentation
- two glass lined reactors, associated heating and cooling exchangers and pumps, associated instrumentation and computerized control; vacuum pump associated with one glr.
- two high speed aqueous/organic separators and associated pumps and instrumentation.
- aerophine centrifuge, associated pumps, vessels, agitators and exchangers, and candle filter (train 2)
- final adjustment tank, urea dissolving/wet stripper vessel and associated pumps exchanger and instrumentation
- follow operating procedures for seventeen different products.
- monitor all annunciator alarms, respond to or communicate information to other operators and supervISOr.
- monitor video cameras for main gate, phosphine storage tank and flare stack, respond to or communicate information to other operators and supervision.
- competently and safely package final products in drums, totes, cylinders, trucks, ISO containers and railcars. ensure proper labels, placards and seals are applied.
- bachelors of science degree in related field (Chemistry, Biology, etc.) preferred
- 1-5 years of work experience
Niagara Falls Ontario Canada
Find a Job Find Candidates