Deputy Site Manager or Production Lead - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a leading supplier of composite materials, process consumables and tooling to industries such as high performance automotive, Formula 1, aerospace, rail, defense, renewable energy and marine.
- Within the composites business line, we are drive by fast customer response, unmatched technical support, technology and innovation and unparalleled product quality, offering a dynamic culture of “Delivering Innovation with real advantage”.
- Lead operations for new adhesives site. Responsible for all aspects of operations, including safety, all plant metrics, quality, cost control, people engagement and continuous improvement initiatives. Responsible for approximately 50 people.
- During pre-production activity on adhesives site, act as the Operations Readiness Manager, ensuring that site is ready for production in Q3 2018.
- This will include the recruitment, documentation preparation, training and planning as well as executing process commissioning and qualification.
- Role has additional responsibility as deputy site manager. As such, position holder will be given specific training, coaching and mentoring to be able to manage the extended aspects of this role.
- Mid-career with minimum 5 years managing operations in a technically demanding environment.
- Career experience will preferably be within a regulated manufacturing environment (aerospace, medical, pharma).
- Candidate must have aspirations to further develop in the organization, beyond this position.
- Candidate must be minimum bachelor's degree qualified in science or engineering discipline.
- Candidate must have proven track record in safety leadership, volume manufacture and must have knowledge and direct experience of world class manufacturing methods (lean, six sigma, TPM).
- A challenging and international work environment in a globally operating company
- A broad range of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop career aspirations