Dept. Manager, Protein Engineering - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Department Manager, Protein Engineering
- For our High Through-put Screening group in Copenhagen, Denmark we are looking for a Department Manager.
- The High Through-put screening group is responsible for assay development and screening of enzyme variant libraries using semi-automated and fully automated systems.
- The HTS group is a part of the company Protein Engineering function which is responsible for developing new products for all the industries that company serves. We use state of-the-art robotic systems and semi-automated systems to help us gain the screening capacity needed to generate knowledge, and to find the unique molecules that become company products.
- A large part of the job of the department manager will be to develop the future strategy for protein screening at our company and to ensure that we have the right equipment, competencies and focus to excel at product development through protein engineering.
- In the HTS group we interact extensively with molecular biologists, protein designers, protein chemists and application scientists within company R&D, and together we transform biotech ideas into reality and invent products that are used by millions of people every day.
- You will be working in the Protein HTS group and interact extensively with the entire company R&D organization to drive protein engineering projects and develop the molecules that will become our new products.
- As a manager of Protein HTS you will dedicate around half of your time to research in addition to providing scientific leadership, strategic guidance and people management for the HTS group and protein engineering at our company.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a high scientific standard and ensure the best practices for protein engineering and protein screening in company R&D.
- We provide a fun and challenging job in an international organization, which is providing exceptional products used by people all over the world.
In this position you need to:
- Have a PhD in Protein Engineering, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry/Biophysics or similar, and experience as a postdoc or ideally as a group leader in an academic or industrial setting.Have solid experience with assay development and screening efforts, including good data handling and data analysis skills.
- Have good networking and people management skills; You are good at initiating and maintaining scientific collaborations, and you have a good sense of humor.
- Be a passionate and result-driven researcher, who can drive the scientific development of protein screening at our company, lead technology development efforts and protein engineering projects.
- Previous experience with protein engineering, protein structural analysis or automation is an advantage.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives.
- As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.