Demand and Materials Planner - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Advanced Bionics is a global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world.
- Always focused on innovations that improve quality of life, AB has consistently made the industry’s leading advancements in hearing technology.
- In fact, with six sound coding programs, we offer more ways to hear than any other cochlear implant company.
- Our company is part of the company Group, the leading provider of hearing healthcare solutions and parent company of the leading hearing instrument brand.
- As an AB employee, you will contribute to advancing biomedical technology worldwide and work on challenging projects with smart, driven, friendly people.
- AB provides thriving work environments around the globe; each fosters creativity, teamwork, global competitiveness, and professional growth.
- Experience the professional and personal fulfillment that comes with making a difference in people’s lives.
- The Demand and Materials Planner will analyze historical sales, trends and statistical forecasts, assist in the development of a monthly consensus Demand Plan, and report and maintain demand planning metrics for all AB products, under the supervision of the Global Demand Manager.
- Additionally, the job holder will issue and maintain a monthly/weekly production schedule and daily manufacturing work orders for an assigned portfolio of products, ensuring customer service and inventory goals are achieved.
Skills & Competencies:
- 2-3 years’ relevant experience in demand planning, purchasing, inventory control or materials planning using MRP software (SAP knowledge a plus);
- Knowledge of statistical principles and experience of analyzing data in a business environment;
- Ability to define problems, collect quantitative and qualitative data, establish facts, and recommend corrective actions;
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively present information;
- Advanced MS-Excel knowledge (pivot tables, charts and lookups);
- APICS certification preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Physical Environment/Working Conditions – may require work in clean room / assembly line environment and some lifting (up to 25 lbs.);