Database Administrator - Advance Business Analyst - India
- Our company is looking for a skilled individual to complement Organisation.
- Internal Operations Systems team in Sales & Marketing department is an integrated part of the Corporate IT Organisation in GSC India, responsible for delivering projects in Region International Operations, manage & support systems for line of business.
- The right candidate will be working as Business Analyst supporting systems for company International Operations.
About the Department:
Sales & Marketing department is an integrated part of the Corporate IT Organisation in GSC India, responsible for delivering projects in Region International Operations, manage & support systems for Sales, Marketing, Medical & Market Access teams.
- This job requires resource with 5 to 8 years of database administration and infrastructure support experience.
- The resource would work in the Operations and Maintenance function part of the Internal Operations Systems team.
- Additional details related to job role are shared below.
- Oracle DBA with of hands on experience Oracle RDBMS, RAC, Data Guard and OEM Experience as ORACLE DBA (Oracle /11g/12c Oracle RAC) on Linux, Solaris platforms.
- Oracle Database Upgrade, DB Migration, DB Clone, DB Refresh activities.
- Oracle Database installation, configuration, support
- Oracle RAC installation, configuration, SupportOracle Data guard setup, configuration
- Database Design, creation, Database Estimation/Sizing, Licensing.
- Excellent in DB troubleshooting skills and Performance Tuning, AWR, ADDMOEM configuration and trouble shooting
- Sound knowledge of Oracle RAC clusters, Data guard, 10g/11g Grid control
- Good presentation skill on RCA (Root Caused Analysis) findings.Sound knowledge to co-ordinate with Oracle support/ Metal ink SR support
- Keep current on database systems and features, 3rd party tools, and industry standards.
- Perform capacity planning including allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements.
- Create and execute scripts for various database maintenance activities.
- Provide guidelines for development and production.Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimizing performance of the databases
- Develop archival, backup and recovery strategy.Plan, perform and monitor database backups.
- Very good SQL and Shell scripting knowledge, cron jobs, dbms jobs.Perform database recoveries.
- Provide 24x7 on call production support.Role performed out of India, supporting customers in Region International Operations primarily for Business Area – AAMEO & LATAM.
5-8 years of experience in database administration and infrastructure support
Preferred Qualifications: (NOT mandatory)
- Oracle Database Administrator Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with Oracle & RDBMS
- Experience with Pharma business processes
- Exposure to app development skills within IOS platform is preferred
- Strong User experience skills