MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Data Scientist will work to suport the decision makers and problem solvers in commercial business units, marketing, or global managerial functions like (controlling or finance) as well as accelerate progress in vaccine, biologic, and pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply chain management. He/she will develop and apply quantitative mathematical, computational and statistical modeling and simulation methodologies to a wide range of problems in the pharmaceutical industry. Work may include, but is not limited to: quantitative decision analysis, decision optimization, process simulation, root cause analysis, desing of experiments, factor and driver analysis, segmentation, and prediction.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Understanding of the business challenge resp. business context of the decision to be supported
• Suggesting the appropriate mathematical approach
• Building mathematical or statistical models using the available data
• Assembly and use of scientific literature and experimental data to estimate parameters in mathematical models.
• Development of the (quality, documented, and reusable) SW code to run the analysis
• Use of tools such as R, SAS and/or SPSS, Matlab or Mathematica to design and develop analytical models for advanced techniques such as forecasts, simulations, and optimizations
• Interpret the results and provide the advices to the business stakeholders
• Assessment of the output of analytical solution and use the data to draw conclusions, identification of options, and making recommendations.
• Building and maintaitng of knowledge on the data sources, the data quality and metadata
• Recognition of the repeatable situation and suggesting the appropriate level of automation of analytics
• Promotion of a culture of modelling and analytics as a differentiator and competitive advantage – an environment that places high value on embedding analytical tools within business processes, and using information in real time to make fact-based decisions.
• Identify and develop the analytical opportunities within the enterprise
• Help articulate the analytical needs to the business decision makers
• Lead and coach the delivery team on the mission to make the business impact
• Transform the business processes to incorporate the the analytical insights into the daily practice
Qualifications and Education Minimum Requirement
• PhD or MSc Degree Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Information Technology, Operations Research / Optimization, Machine Learning, Engineering, Economics or other related field.
Desired Experience and Skills
• Passion for advanced analytics (mathematics) and applying it to help prevent and cure disease.
• The ability to formulate models, analyze them, and program and run simulations in some appropriate system (for example R, Matlab, Mathematica, or more specialized software such CPLEX).
• Extensive knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Mathematical analysis and modeling, optimization, probability, stochastic processes, econometry, graph theory.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to work with incomplete or imperfect data
• Ability to interpret and use the analytics results within the real business context.
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a globally dispersed team.
• Strong communication & collaboration skills with diverse stakeholders.
• Leading, coaching and mentoring the delivery team
• Knowleadge of the marketing and sales processes
• Knowleagde of the process modelling methodology
• Consulting and business transformation expertise
• Business development and relationship building competence
• Proven track of cases of stakeholder, scope and project management
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to make high-level presentations for senior executives.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Service Delivery/Management Job Title:Data Scientist Lead
Primary Location: EMEA-Czech Republic-Prague-Prague
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Scientific, Scientist, Engineer, Database, Pharmaceutical, Engineering, Science, Technology