The Data Scientist will:
Social Media Command
- Work with a networked group of SMCC Managers
in the Region.
- Embed together with the SMCC Managers within
a range of local brand teams to understand their brand plans (including but not
limited to disease & therapy area, market, strategy, tactics, behavioural
& financial objectives for each product).
Aligned with this, work with SMCC Managers as a data science and
analytics subject matter expert on ways that they can drive efficiency &
effectiveness by exploiting data from social media and multichannel activities.
- Maintain expertise in using data science to
improve our listening insights and performance on social media publishing.
- Evaluate existing campaigns and develop
proposals to incorporate into marketing plans with appropriate evaluation of
- Focus on communication of best practice
principles in all Social Media Command Center hubs and the impact of Data
Science in driving deep insights to help shape brand strategic plans.
- Work collaboratively with local IT & 3rd
party agencies where necessary.
- Work in a network style to build
relationships with Regional Social Media Command Center Managers &
Multichannel Marketing colleagues in other subsidiaries who are designing Social
- Ability to provide strategic direction and
guidance for brand marketers in data analytics for measurement and tracking as
part of campaign planning and implementation processes.
- Conduct all activities in compliance with company
policies and standards.
- Conduct all activities in line with company safety
standards and policies.
- Ensuring all business activity complies with
relevant Acts, legal demands and ethical standards.
- Social Media Command Center Managers,
Multichannel Marketing Brand Managers,
- IT & Business Intelligence
- 3rd party external vendors
- Data Science colleagues globally and regionally
- Science, Engineering or Computer Science Degree with a strong data science background.
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience in NLP techniques, including information extraction, named entity recognition, topic analysis, key phrase extraction, sentiment analysis, and text classification.
- Preferred 3-5 years of experience Programming experience with R/Shiny/Python.
- Proficiency in SQL relational databases.
- Preferred knowledge on Radian6, Social Studio or any social listening tools.
- Knowledge of automation tools for ETL and data pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge of visualization tools, such as D3.js and Spotfire.
- Good algorithmic knowledge of machine learning.
- General software development skills (source code management, debugging, testing, deployment, etc.).
- Preferred experience with text analysis in social media, preferably clinical and medical domain.
- Preferred experience in tracking performance of digital and social media marketing campaigns, including email, paid media, web analytics
- Proficiency in Mandarin (Simplified & Traditional), Korean or Japanese language is a bonus.
Job: Quantitative Sciences Generic Job Title:Spclst, Quant. Sciences
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Database, Scientific, Medical, Scientist, Engineer, Engineering, Technology, Healthcare, Science