Data Scientist - United States
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Bio-Rad Laboratories has an open Data Scientist position in the Global Information Technology Analytics team.
- This position will play a critical role in helping transform the company into a business that differentiates and competes on information and analytics.
- This role will: serve key stakeholders across the Global Supply Chain, Global Commercial Operations, Marketing and Sales, Finance and Customer Support organizations; decompose business pain-points into analytical solutions that deliver iterative insights and incremental value; and identify opportunities where machine learning can deliver global business value via forecasting, optimization, recommender systems, precision marketing and decision support.
- The successful candidate will have an educational background in statistical, mathematical and machine learning methods with applied examples in a business domain.
- This position joins a global team of deeply experienced analytics professionals that have access to an exciting mix of open-source Big Data tools, cloud and on-site platforms and a mix of internal and external data sets.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in identifying, experimenting and testing of new ways to deliver value from combinations of operational data, customer data and third-party data sources.
- Transform complex datasets both structured and unstructured into business insights.
- Perform descriptive, exploratory and inferential statistical analysis as well as supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Stay on the cutting edge of technology and Data Science.
- Serve as Data Science representative for the global analytics center of excellence.
- Coach and assist business users along the journey from Excel style analytics to advanced Big Data style analytics.
- Must be consultative, collaborative and solution oriented with a strong focus on unmet business needs.
What you need for this role:
- Programming/Scripting experience.
- Fluency in R, Python, SQL, Bash.
- Windows and Linux experience.
- Version Control with Git & GitHub.
- Big Data Ecosystem experience.
- Some experience and/or working knowledge of big data platforms including Hadoop, Hive, Spark
- Experience with Cloud Platforms.
- Some experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Statistics and Machine Learning.
- Deep understanding of the mathematical and theoretical foundations of statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Strong practical knowledge of statistical data analysis techniques including descriptive statistics, inferential statistics, design of experiments, supervised and unsupervised machine learning.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership.
- Education and experience:
- Master Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics or similar quantitative field with at least 1 year work experience.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics with at least 3 years experience and tangible results in Data Science will be given special consideration.
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving.
- Ability to work in collaborative and cross-functional teams and environments.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
To all recruitment agencies: Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Staffing Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Job Location
- Hercules, California, United States
- LSG Regional Infrastructure (10025)
- Position Type