Data Scientist, Biofuels R&D, Greater Raleigh Area, NC - United States
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Agriculture & Bioenergy, you will work across the agricultural value chain to provide biological solutions that help feed and fuel a growing world.
Data Scientist – Biofuels R&D, Greater Raleigh Area, NC
Our Biofuels R&D department is looking for a Data Scientist to provide professional data and statistical analysis that will enable us further elevate our science level and business impact. We are looking for strong and self-motivated scientist with skills and experience in math, statistics, and programming including programming languages like Python and R. With these skills, our data science team will clean and organize critical data to apply insightful analytics to reveal hidden solutions to scientific challenges. Our data science team will regular engage in the following activities to support Novozymes’ business:
- Employ sophisticated analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods to prepare data for use in predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Thoroughly clean and re-structure data to discard irrelevant information
- Explore and examine data from a variety of perspectives to identify weaknesses in data integrity, trends and/or opportunities
- Devise data-driven solutions to meet technical challenges and increase scientific insights
- Invent new algorithms to solve problems and build new tools to automate work
- Communicate predictions and findings through effective data visualizations in collaboration with fellow scientists
- Use your passion for data science to collaborate across projects, educate colleagues, and continue to expand our capabilities in the relevant areas
• Degree in a BS, MS or PhD degree program with a focus on data analysis, mathematics, statistical programming, or computer science with 2 plus years experience
• Preferred experience in Data Querying and Reporting, Data Access and Management, Data Cleaning and Mining, Statistical Analysis, Programming experience like R or Python, and Data Visualization
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
Novozymes is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status.
Application deadline: June 5, 2017