Data Scientist - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
The Data Sciences department within Janssen Pharmaceutica is looking for an outstanding Scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to Patients and Janssen. Our department spans across the entire value chain at Janssen Pharmaceuticals from discovery to after launch and supply chain. This will enable the scientist to work with various business units to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Janssen as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value. The Scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research by doing novel research to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The Scientist, Data Sciences will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support multiple R&D therapeutic areas in the discovery and development of innovative medicines.
The Scientist will partner with colleagues in Research, Development, Commercial, Supply Chain and Informatics to develop, implement, and apply state-of-the art scientific algorithms and methods for key J&J business functions. Will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Janssen’s business units and initiatives.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Ph.D degree in Computer Sciences, Statistics, Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence, Physics, Molecular Biology, Bioinformatics, Computational Informatics, Medical Informatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline is required.
- Strong understanding of drug discovery and development processes is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
- Familiarity with large datasets, handling of biomedical datasets and understanding of data analysis workflows is required. Experience in the handling and analysis of real world evidence data is preferred.
- Proficient with one or more programming language such as .net, Java, Perl, C++ is required.
- Experience with informatics, analysis and visualization software/tools such as R, MatLab, SAS, Python, Spotfire, Pipeline Pilot or other analytical tools is required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)