Data Science and Informatics - Research Analyst Intern (Johnston, IA) - United States
As a research analyst intern at DuPont Pioneer, you'll work with a software development team to create software requirements, process maps, UI wireframes, and understand data sources in relation to information and software systems. Responsibilities will include
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate, read, and interpret instructions in English and able to carry out tasks in the absence of supervision.
- Knowledge of plant breeding/ag industry encouraged
- Work with an Agile software development team on research focused projects.
- Understanding of databases and data visualization.
- Ability to work collaboratively on teams and communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Familiarity with personal computer software, client-server technology, internet technology and Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and ability to extract, summarize, and report.
Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program or AA certification in computer science, information technology or related field
Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
Familiarity with SDLC methodologies, story writing, JIRA or Microsoft TFS
Familiarity with agribusiness, agronomy, or plant breeding preferred
Familiarity with SDLC methodologies
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies in late 2018 or early 2019. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.