Data Engineer - United States
The company currently has a full time opening for a Data Engineer. This is a key role in design and management of BioCentury data solutions. The successful candidate must be comfortable working hands-on with a small team, working with outside vendors and taking on multiple roles as needed to complete the project. While this is a Data Engineer position, the successful candidate can expect to contribute to all areas of the project and through the entire SDLC.
Interested candidates must submit both a cover letter and resume to be considered.
The Data Engineer reports to the Director, Software Development and will be located in the company's Redwood City office. The position will be required to:
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems for our online data solutions.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices
- Liaise with end-users to describe and to clarify requirements
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining and production
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing structures
- Create custom software components and analytics applications
- Install and update disaster recovery procedures
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Collaborate with data architects, data scientists, data specialists and IT team members on project goals
This position requires:
- Strong SSIS package development experience – 5+ years
- ETL and Data Migration Experience 5+ years
- Data warehouse design experience 5+ years
- Experience with SSAS/RS and BI Presentation Tools (preferably PowerBI)
- Experience in writing technical designs and project documentation
- Transact-SQL querying, programming, stored procedures, job building, and ad hoc queries
Nice to have
- Experience in consulting, training and user support
- Some experience with mining data from text, machine learning, NLP
BA/BSC Computer Science or Equivalent Experience.
The work environment is casual; however, professional behavior, rapt attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines are absolute requirements.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and readers.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the attention of email@example.com.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation and Benefits commensurate with experience
- Company sponsored health and life insurance
- Bonus / 401K Plan
- Position based in BioCentury’s Redwood City office