Data Architect – Commercial Information Management - Czechia
- Our company is an innovative, global healthcare leader committed to improving health and well-being in 140 countries around the world.
- Our product categories include heart and respiratory health, diabetes, infectious diseases and women's health.
- We continue to focus our research on conditions that affect millions of people around the world - diseases like Alzheimer's, Diabetes and Cancer - while further expanding our strengths in areas such as vaccines and biologics.
- We aspire to be the best healthcare company in the world and are dedicated to providing leading innovations and solutions for tomorrow.
- We are seeking energetic, forward thinking professionals to join our Information Technology group.
- As part of that team, you will be helping us launch our new IT Global Innovation Center focused on developing and applying advanced capabilities in information sciences, information security, mobility, social media and big data.
- You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify the biggest opportunities as well as tackle the biggest challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology. We offer project-based rotations to help with your professional development, and a flat, collaborative environment.
- Overall, our new Global Innovation Center offers technology professionals incredible opportunities to learn from others, to challenge your-self, and to enjoy a reward that technology careers don’t often bring: the satisfaction of helping to save lives.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Being an expert in Database modelling
- Provide guidance on Database modelling principles as well as on the Data Warehousing principles
- Collaborate with global IT and commercial business units to complete functional and technical requirements and associated interface design mappings to meet the scope of the Business requirements to quality and in a timely manner
- Supporting the vendor teams in understanding the functional requirements and ensuring overall delivery is of high quality (eg. Technical design reviews, code reviews, technical framework reviews e.g. error handling)
- Support overall delivery of projects from end to end perspective by resolving design issues and questions during the delivery lifecycle
- Support of SIT, E2E and UAT testing to ensure successful delivery of Commercial Information Management projects – defect reviews, technical and deployment testing etc.
- Understanding of the use of Application Programme Interface (APIs) to data ingestion and data provision to align to the global GHH IT API strategy
- Drive continuous improvements of the Data Warehousing technology platform and use of the right technologies to support Business needs
- Have proactive attitude to delivery and willingness to support across the delivery team in all stages of the delivery lifecycle
- Become fully conversant with company systems development life cycle methodology and understand Business processes and concepts, regulatory and compliance needs relevant to data management in the Pharma industry
- Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly and apply these to the business problems
- Actively collaborate and share knowledge across the company IT.
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a world leading global company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative working environment
- Wide range of benefits
We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and Experience:
- Provide expertise in a database modeling, minimum of 5 years’ expertise
- Advanced SQL and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing principles
- Database modeling and architecture experience
- Strong in general DB modeling principles, excellent modeling skills, knowledge of a CASE tools
- ERD, 3NF, Star schema, Data layers
- Conceptual, Logical and Physical modeling
- Tables, Indexes, Views, Sequences, Triggers
- Business rules, mapping rules
- History tracking approaches, data partitioning
- Process modeling principles
- Process modeling in CASE tool
- Knowledge of an orchestration tool (preferably Autosys, JIL script)
- Ability to read PL/SQL transformations
- Ability to analyze, design and model data transformations
- Strong experience with end to end system process design, specifically in the creation of Functional/technical and non-functional requirements and integration design
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solving skills with a strong understanding of data integration and warehousing tools and processes
- Fluent English
- Informatica PowerDesigner experience/active knowledge
- Experience with the Oracle SQL or Teradata SQL tuning
- Understanding of MDM principles
- Active usage of a version management tool (preferably GIT/Stash)
- Pharmaceutical business background