DART Technical Trainer I - United States
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced DART Technical Trainer I for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Under general supervision, responsible for providing, coordinating, documenting and scheduling orientation and routine to moderately complex training activities. Also responsible for developing, revising, and implementing the use of training documents including SOPs and processes to support the overall training program.
The following are minimum requirements related to the DART Technical Trainer I position.
- Education Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) or equivalent in animal or life sciences or related discipline.
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in animal research and/or husbandry; multi-species experience preferred, or must have demonstrated full technical competence and satisfactory performance at the previous level.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level strongly preferred; or other applicable certification/licensure.
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory species. Proficient in basic technical skills and the operation of data collection equipment. Knowledge of GLPs and other federal regulations and guidelines relating to the care of laboratory animals. Understanding of routine study design and protocols.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet