- Responsible for monitoring daily DART colony operations and cycle checks to schedule breeding, monitor inventory of breeding colony(ies), track mating/fertility of breeding pairs, compile historical control data for mating, fertility parameters and EFD/ePPND studies, provide advice on procurement of equipment used within the DART colony (e.g. IVOS, ultrasound, etc.).
- Participate in DART process improvement initiatives, equipment acquisition, and maintain applicable database records.
- Review cycle check data reports, schedule mating, schedule animals for quarterly health screens, monitor animal data for performance and release from colony as needed.
- Monitor DART colony animal inventory and report to management.
- Provide confirmed sexually mature animals to general toxicology/fertility studies as available/requested.
- Notify Animal Resources of availability to release animals from DART colony(ies) due to poor mating performance or other mitigating factors.
- Assist in compilation of yearly DART Historical Control Data (including but not limited to mating, fertility parameters and EFD/ePPND parameters) for distribution to clients and at society meetings. Schedule and address annual Quality Assurance audits of these data.
- Track efficiencies within the DART colony(ies) and suggest improvements to colony procedures.
- Maintain contact with project service providers to ensure timely activity, integration, and efficient use of resources to meet project requirements.
- Compare efficiencies of different colony models.
- Review and assist in generation of study protocols for EFD/ePPND studies and toxicology studies with fertility parameters.
- Review and assist in generation of IACUC proposals for DART studies.
- Assist RAs with enrollment of mated females to study.
- Assist in the coordination, planning and scheduling of DART projects as needed.
- Assist in planning meetings and agendas, facilitate planning and decision making, prepare and/or locate necessary materials and resources, facilitate group process, and help develop work plans as needed.
- Assist in the development, communication, and maintenance of DART SOPs and BOPs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- 3 years of experience managing records and maintaining databases.
- Previous experience in a GLP environment and as a participant and/or facilitator of work groups and committees is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: LAT Preferred
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and sponsors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database desktop applications.