Dairy Sales Manager Nordic Region - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- Our company is a global leader in the food industry addressing the world’s challenges in food by offering a wide range of sustainable, bio-based ingredients and advanced microbial diagnostic solutions to provide safer, healthier and more nutritious food.
- We are looking for a talented and motivated part time student assistant to support a group of business leaders within sales and marketing.
- Our presence in the Nordic region relates back for decades in supporting the Dairy Industry with innovative and reliable food ingredients, forming part of nutritional and well tasting dairy consumer products sold in the Nordic region or exported globally under well-known brand names.
- We will now employ a skilled Technical Sales Manager to become a member of our dedicated Nordic sales team.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- To be one of the key contacts toward the Nordic dairy industry on behalf of company.
- Working closely with the West European dairy sales team, applications and the business units, your role is to manage the existing business at allocated customer accounts and identify the key growth opportunities within all dairy product categories.
- To set company N&H strategy for growth linked to dairy cultures, probiotics, enzymes and other food ingredients bought and used by the dairy customers.
- Manage opportunities closely within our Sales Force system, build measurable value and coordinate application resource effectively to the best benefit of business opportunity.
- Become competent in all relevant company systems and enable to deliver presentations internally and externally.
Key Challenges / Success Criteria
- Being the one point of contact and key internal coordinator for your allocated customers and opportunities.
- This provides a personal level of service giving customer feeling of being valued.
- Minimizing the impact of a problem to the customer and building new trust. This will involve speed of action, an understanding of the problem and keeping the customer and company departments informed of progress until the problem is resolved.
- Understanding the dairy business dynamics including the value chain from the farmer all the way forward to the consumer’s delightful experience when consuming the product.
- Knowing when to utilize your personal knowledge of dairy and when to use our application and innovation support.
- Forecasting to help with meeting customer order demands.
- Liaising closely with internal departments to make certain of a smooth flow of information and products.
- A proven track record of success in Food Ingredients sales, preferably in diary applications.
- A strong understanding of the main Nordic Food producers, their market positions, challenges and opportunities.
- Strong Interpersonal and negotiation skills linked to an education closely linked to food ingredients.
- Communication skills - verbal and written and listening skills with an ability to build trust and measurable value.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving specifically linked to complex processes linked to the dairy and food related industry.
- Education to Food degree or equivalent level.
- Fluent English is a must and fluent Finnish is strongly preferred, any Scandinavian language is a plus
- Strong ability to present and communicate at a senior management level both internally and externally
- Strong understanding of food related applications and ability to learn and recognize commercial opportunity.
- Confident, self-driven and able to navigate internally and externally to meet objectives.
- Strong IT understanding (Microsoft office, XL, SAP, CRM (Sales Force) and DIP systems).
- Reports to Nordic Group Sales Manager
- Supported by dedicated Customer Care and Customer Service organisation