Cyber Threat & Development Analyst Job - Singapore
Information Technology Risk Management and Security has become an essential component of the current IT enterprise that provides IT & Automation support to the Pharmaceutical Research, Supply Chain and Marketing organizations. Increased risks in both the information security (e.g. cyber threats, malware, etc.) and the regulated areas have required that staff possessing such skills is fully embedded within the IT organization. The enterprise is now dependent on these security and compliance experts for identifying, escalating and remediating such IT Risks in a timely and efficient manner. Also, emerging technologies like cloud, mobility and data analytics require strong IT Risk and Compliance early involvement.
To help meet these emerging challenges, we are seeking an energetic, forward-thinking security professional to support the development of cyber security projects and analysis of cyber threats.
Primary activities/responsibilities :
- Apply expertise to ascertain the impact of an attack and create threat record to propose mitigation techniques and countermeasures that can prevent future attacks.
- Innovate and collaborate with university, external organization partnerships and internal stakeholders to develop emerging and cutting edge cyber security solutions to align with NIST security framework core function for advanced cyber threats detection.
- Perform cyber threat analysis, alert, and report based on intelligence and information gathered.
- Provide understanding of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actors, their motivations, skill sets, tool sets and intent.
- Leverage log management tool to conduct research and threat analysis.
- Hunt down and respond to targeted threats and intrusions.
- Perform security analysis and present analysis through use of Log management tool such as Splunk, SIEM.
- Assist to develop security requirements and standards, select, test and deploy security products providing encryption, data leakage protection and database security capabilities as a primarily responsibility.
- Assist to create a standard set of requirements, technical designs, recommended configurations and drawings necessary to design, implement and deploy our current and future state security capabilities.
- Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly and apply these to the business problems
- Education: BS in Information Security, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT, with 1 year in network and 1 year in cyber security.
- Experience in conducting threat analysis, threat intelligence, adversary hunting, anomaly detection and analysis, and the discovery of previously undiscovered cyber threats or attacks
- Develop and engineer novel solutions with emerging technologies to combat computer security threats.
- Demonstrate positive attitude, willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Various general technical skills including knowledge of networking (i.e. TCP/IP) and security product experience
- Willingness to acquire in-depth knowledge of network and host security technologies and products.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of virtual teams in a fast paced environment
- 3 years’ experience in information security with a minimum of 1 years’ experience involved with cyber threat in pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledgeable in network based and system level attacks and mitigation methods
- Knowledgeable with attack techniques, tactics, and procedures
- Ability to use multiple security technologies to investigate and analyze cyber security alerts.
- Experienced in analysing IDS/IPS, FW logs, forensic and other common security industry tools
- Experience or familiarity with network security solutions, anti-malware solutions, intrusion detection and response systems would provide a key advantage.
- Natural curiosity and a desire to do things differently.
Job: Compliance & Risk Management Job Title:Spclst, Compliance & Risk Management
Primary Location: APAC-SG-Singapore-Singapore
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Engineer, Pharmaceutical, Computer Science, Database, Engineering, Science, Technology, Research