Customer Unit Lead, Vaccines (m/f) - Austria
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
MSD Austria is in growth. We open a role as a Customer Unit Lead in Vaccines to bring our new Vaccines portfolio to realisation. As vaccines is a new product franchise to MSD, you would have a unique opportunity to design the strategy, execute and be fully accountable for driving growth in Austria. We look for someone who will take advantage of our growing product portfolio in vaccines, realise market share gains due to new formulations, dual gender vaccinations, new digital practices / multichannel marketing channels and support the ongoing health security of Austria.
You will step into the Austrian leadership team reporting directly to the MD and owning the P&L for the Austrian vaccines franchise. You will have a team of 5+ direct reports for whom you will need to provide leadership and strategic guidance. We offer a unique opportunity to put in place a new strategy and realise growth taking advantage of parternships and best practise sharing across the DACH region. As vaccines is a new franchise for MSD, you must bring prior vaccines expertise with you to support our aggressive growth plans.
Responsible for identification, assessment and analysis of customer needs and strategic development of collaboration with stakeholders. P&L of the customer unit (CU) in order to reach this goal, as well as for achieving/ exceeding sales targets and agreed KPI's and for the MSD business. The CUL drives sales and results within geographical and/or therapeutic area. Key components of the job includes but are not limited to: Understand and be able to influence the relevant business environment and business mechanisms, have a tangible and accessible regional network, shape tenders, contracts and listings to our favor, ensure value propositions of MSD’s products/services are clearly understood develop these value propositions if needed work with regional Scientific Leaders lead by Medical Affairs (e.g., advisory boards/symposium)
- High product complexity (entire portfolio of Immunology/HCV-HIV or Primary Care or Acute Care or Vaccines)
- Customers and Growth Initiative responsibilities of key strategic importance to MSD, driving ‘Priority Growth Initiatives’
- Highly complex set up of Customer/payer landscape (e.g. national accounts driving decisions for entire country)
- Strategically critical Customers incl. University Hospitals with significant national influence
Principal Accountabilities / Hauptverantwortlichkeitsbereiche:
• Understanding the customer value proposition and identifying mutual interest with MSD for customer offerings driving business;
• Understanding and being able to influence the relevant business environment and business mechanisms, having a tangible and accessible regional network, shaping contracts and listings to the company’s favor, ensuring value propositions of MSD’s products/ services are clearly understood and these value propositions developed if needed;
• Working cross-functionally and managing to facilitate discussions and executions in a matrix organization ensuring all relevant stakeholder input for maximizing results;
• Securing organizational understanding of key customer needs and taking part in defining what customer solutions are needed in close collaboration with other regional Customer Units, Customer Solutions team, National Accounts & Medical Affairs;
• Collaborating with relevant functions in MSD and listening to internal needs/ wants to find the best solution for customers and patients;
• Managing talent within the team (Strategic Account Managers, Sales Managers/Customer Solution Managers, and Customer Reps) and forecasting personnel needs. Supporting recruiting efforts (interviews, hiring), conducting performance evaluation, and ensuring appropriate development;
• Continuously seeking for innovative initiative in customer engagement to drive business;
• Working with regional Scientific Leaders lead by Medical Affairs (e.g., advisory boards/symposium).
• Identifying, managing and building strong connections with CU health care decision-makers;
• Optimizing and coordinating at the CU level all priority products to achieve the best possible resource allocation and prioritization;
• Being an expert of the Customer value chain.
Minimum Educational Requirements / Mindestvoraussetzungen Ausbildung:
• University degree in business or life sciences from accredited university preferred
Core Competencies / Wichtigste Kompetenzen
• High level of analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding negotiation skills
• Excellent written and oral skills in English and recommended in German
Technical / Fachkompetenzen:
• Good understanding of healthcare systems (ideally in Austria);
Business / Betriebswirtschaftliche Kompetenzen:
• Several years of experience in Marketing, Market Access and/or Account Management;
• Excellent Budget competence.
Leadership / Führungskompetenzen:
• Experienced People Manager
Special Requirements / Sonstige Voraussetzungen:
• Potential and mobility to grow into more senior management roles in future.
: Business Unit Job Title:Customer Unit Lead, Vaccines (m/f)
Primärer Standort: EMEA-Österreich-9-Wien
Reisebereitschaft:: Ja, 10 % der Zeit
Anzahl freie Stellen
Externes Job Ausschreibungsportal: Switzerland - Jobs.ch
Company Trade Name:MSD