Customer Unit Lead, Vaccines (m/f) - Austria
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company is in growth. We open a role as a Customer Unit Lead in Vaccines to bring our new Vaccines portfolio to realization.
- As vaccines is a new product franchise to our company , you would have a unique opportunity to design the strategy, execute and be fully accountable for driving growth in Austria.
- We look for someone who will take advantage of our growing product portfolio in vaccines, realism market share gains due to new formulations, dual gender vaccinations, new digital practices / multi channel marketing channels and support the ongoing health security of Austria.
- You will step into the Austrian leadership team reporting directly to the MD and owning the P&L for the Austrian vaccines franchise.
- You will have a team of 5+ direct reports for whom you will need to provide leadership and strategic guidance.
- We offer a unique opportunity to put in place a new strategy and realise growth taking advantage of parternships and best practise sharing across the DACH region.
- As vaccines is a new franchise for our company , you must bring prior vaccines expertise with you to support our aggressive growth plans.
- Responsible for identification, assessment and analysis of customer needs and strategic development of collaboration with stakeholders.
- P&L of the customer unit (CU) in order to reach this goal, as well as for achieving/ exceeding sales targets and agreed KPI's and for the company business.
- The CUL drives sales and results within geographical and/or therapeutic area.
Key components of the job includes but are not limited to:
- Understand and be able to influence the relevant business environment and business mechanisms, have a tangible and accessible regional network, shape tenders, contracts and listings to our favor, ensure value propositions of our company’s products/services are clearly understood develop these value propositions if needed work with regional Scientific Leaders lead by Medical Affairs (e.g., advisory boards/symposium)
- High product complexity (entire portfolio of Immunology/HCV-HIV or Primary Care or Acute Care or Vaccines)
- Customers and Growth Initiative responsibilities of key strategic importance to company, driving ‘Priority Growth Initiatives’
- Highly complex set up of Customer/payer landscape (e.g. national accounts driving decisions for entire country)
- Strategically critical Customers incl. University Hospitals with significant national influence
- Understanding the customer value proposition and identifying mutual interest with company for customer offerings driving business;
- Understanding and being able to influence the relevant business environment and business mechanisms, having a tangible and accessible regional network, shaping contracts and listings to the company’s favor, ensuring value propositions of company’s products/ services are clearly understood and these value propositions developed if needed;
- Working cross-functionally and managing to facilitate discussions and executions in a matrix organization ensuring all relevant stakeholder input for maximizing results;
- Securing organizational understanding of key customer needs and taking part in defining what customer solutions are needed in close collaboration with other regional Customer Units, Customer Solutions team, National Accounts & Medical Affairs;
- Collaborating with relevant functions in our company and listening to internal needs/ wants to find the best solution for customers and patients;
- Managing talent within the team (Strategic Account Managers, Sales Managers/Customer Solution Managers, and Customer Reps) and forecasting personnel needs.
- Supporting recruiting efforts (interviews, hiring), conducting performance evaluation, and ensuring appropriate development;
- Continuously seeking for innovative initiative in customer engagement to drive business;
- Working with regional Scientific Leaders lead by Medical Affairs (e.g., advisory boards/symposium).
- Identifying, managing and building strong connections with CU health care decision-makers;
- Optimizing and coordinating at the CU level all priority products to achieve the best possible resource allocation and prioritization;
- Being an expert of the Customer value chain.
Minimum Educational Requirements
University degree in business or life sciences from accredited university preferred
Core Competencies / Wichtigste Kompetenzen
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Excellent written and oral skills in English and recommended in German
Good understanding of healthcare systems (ideally in Austria);
- Several years of experience in Marketing, Market Access and/or Account Management;
- Excellent Budget competence.
Experienced People Manager
Potential and mobility to grow into more senior management roles in future.
- The minimum annual salary for this position is 106,800 Euros and varies according to the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.”
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.