Customer Team Leader – Vaccines (South Florida Gold Coast District) Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc., known as Merck in the US and Canada and MSD across the rest of the world, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Customer Team Leader (CTL) plays a critical role in establishing Merck's customer focused initiative.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Leading and managing Customer Representatives in identifying customer needs.
- Coaching representatives, overseeing training, and completing people management processes for Customer Representatives and effectively developing and resourcing his/her customer team to address customer needs.
The ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following behaviors and attitudes:
- Strong leadership skills with experience leading teams through change and new challenges by applying situational coaching skills and using emotional intelligence
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in and leading a team through ambiguity and the capacity to see ‘what can be’ for this new organization
- Communicate with courage and candor as we evolve our engagement model for this customer segment
- Customer-centric mindset and the skills needed to listen to customers and understand their objectives and overall relationship with our broader organization
- Leads by example by modeling flexibility, candor, and a willingness to respond during times of change while maintaining a positive attitude
- Demonstrated account planning and management skills and strong collaboration with extended teams toward common goals
This territory South Florida Gold Coast District
The ideal residence would be in the territory.
Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Preferred: Science, Business or Healthcare Discipline
- Minimum of (5) years experience in Sales, Marketing or Managed Care - Pharmaceutical industry
- Valid Driver's license
- Minimum of (3) years experience working with key thought leaders or high influence customers in large group practices, hospitals, or managed care organizations
- Minimum of (2) years experience working in Marketing, Managed Care, or Sales support areas within the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in Marketing or Basic Research
- Experience selling in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech & Medical Device Industry
- Previous Field Sales Management experience.
- Capable of establishing relationships and networks within a customer organization.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Direct Sales Generic
Job Title:Assoc. Dir, Sales
Primary Location: NA-US-FL-Miami
Other Locations: NA-US-Florida, NA-US-FL-Ft. Lauderdale
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Hazardous Materials: No
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Miami
Job Segment: Medical, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Sales, Healthcare, Science, Research, Sales