Customer Support Engineer - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 19 May 2017
Job Description :
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets.
- The company is a leading force in the development, production, marketing, servicing, and supporting of laboratory instrumentation and ancillary services throughout the world.
- The Field Service Engineer helps company customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by performing routine maintenance, repairs, validations and training on a variety of instrumentation.
- The Field Service engineer represents the face of our company to the customer and fosters business expansion by providing ‘best-in-class’ responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
- This also includes key account expansion, sale of new maintenance agreements, training, upgrades and provide instrument sales leads.
Installation, Maintenance & Repair:
- Install, maintain, verify performance and repair equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area or site. Drive toward zero service recalls.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards.
- Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services, which apply to our products in the field.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service contract provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
- Drive the sale of new maintenance agreements, maintenance agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts.
- Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software and field installed computer hardware upgrades.
- Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders.
- Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables.
- Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
- Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job.
- Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system.
- Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc. Manages inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Self Development:
- Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance company’s value proposition to the customer.
- Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
- The ideal candidate will hold a Bachelor’s degree in electronics or chemistry. 2-3 years of experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Hands on service skills and oral/written communications skills a must.
- Target attributes
- critical thinking and problem solving
- customer ownership
- continuous development
- ability to adapt to a flexible work schedule
- experience with test equipment
- Additional valued experience
- GMP/GLP compliance rigor and attention to detail
- Inorganic and/or Material Science instrumentation operation and/or maintenance experience
- Instrument Method development experience.
- Training development and execution experience
- Business development/ownership skills