This job is currently Archived,
Customer Supply Chain Manager - United States
Posted on : 30 June 2017
- Our company is advancing our collaboration with a top customer, Dollar General, on the retail-end of our supply chain and looking for a Customer Supply Chain Manager to lead this collaboration.
- The individual must be able to build new and productive relationships, uncover opportunities through data analytics, and drive innovation and change.
- The Customer Supply Chain Manager will develop and execute best practices that deliver best-in-class results at Dollar General in on-shelf availability, inventory productivity, and cost efficiency.
- The Customer Supply Chain Manager will enhance our supply chain collaboration with Dollar General while working alongside their supply chain team at their corporate office.
- The individual selected for this role will effectively lead strategic initiatives with the customer that are focused on increasing store in-stocks, reducing phantom inventory, tackling unproductive store inventory, and removing waste from the retail-end of the supply chain.
- This will include managing cross-functional projects, building relationships, analyzing data, developing new reports, and piloting new ideas.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead supply chain projects that increase consumer sales while reducing shared supply chain costs and inventory.
- Develop and implement best practices to improve Forecast Accuracy & On Shelf Availability (in-stocks & phantom inventory).
- Independently research, analyze and proactively recommend new strategies to improve the factory-to-shelf supply chain.
- Forge strong internal and external collaborative relationships while enhancing communication. Collaborate with customer’s various supply chain functions including analysts, planners, IT, logistics operators, etc.
- Gain alignment across supply chain teams, sales, and merchandising while pioneering initiatives and shaping change.
- Own the retail-level supply chain metrics and processes to ensure the customer's goals are met. Be the customer’s go-to for all things related to Out-of-Stocks, Days of Supply, and Unsaleables.
- Analyze retailer data, such as store sales/forecasts/inventory/orders, derive actionable insights, and influence decision makers to execute solutions.
- A completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or a related field; consideration may be given to candidates who do not hold a 4-year degree but have at least 6 years of relevant experience.
- At least three to five years of progressively more responsible professional experience in supply chain planning, analytics, forecasting, consulting or a related field is required.
- Experience working face-to-face with customers and partnering with them to overcome challenges and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams, complete complex projects, and deliver great results. Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential including oral and written communication skills. Competent at building and delivering presentations to any level of an organization.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Must be a strong user of Microsoft Excel.