- The Customer Service Engineer will impact sales of our company by maintaining a high standard, professional image and by demonstrating the added value of customer support, always acting as an ambassador for the Company.
- The Customer Service Engineer will impact positively on the overall performance of the Customer Service Department by maintaining a flexible approach to work. Planning and executing work in an effective and efficient manner, providing the highest levels of customer service support and the best possible financial performance.
- The products to be supported include ICP, ICPMS and AA primarily.
Priorities and Objectives
- Performs field service as advised by the call despatch staff/system in conjunction with the Regional Service Manager, carrying our repairs, maintenance and installation of analytical and clinical instrumentation and their accessories. Provide onsite user training on defined product groups.
- Organizing routine maintenance allocated on a monthly basis.
- At the request of the Regional Service Manager, performs service on behalf of our company overseas offices, to the standard expected, at sites of overseas customers
- Ensures that all documentation, circuit diagrams, Service Data Bulletins and manuals are of the correct revision to undertake service on specific instrument types. Maintains ancillary documentation e.g. Safety Manual, Procedures Manual to the highest standard with regular reviewing of manuals provided in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Align personal working practices with the department’s performance targets. Actively demonstrate compliance with all team targets.
- Maintains personal service spares issued and inventory records to the highest standard. Ensures all anomalies are quickly and effectively reported and resolved.
- Ensures that all tools and test equipment is adequate to perform service required, and that all test equipment issued is calibrated at the times specified.
- Makes returns of all fully completed service documentation, Service Reports, Time Sheets, Expenses Claims, Motor Vehicle Log Sheets etc, on a weekly basis.
- May be requested to perform specific and agreed tasks as defined through the Annual Operating Plan.
- HND or equivalent in Electronic Engineering/Chemistry
- Understanding of PLC Programming would be an advantage.
- Full Driving License
- Experience in a Customer Service Environment
- Background in Electronics and/or Chemistry preferably gained in a high technology service environment, together with an understanding of analytical and clinical instrument applications.
- Must be computer literate.
- Previous experience of using and/or maintaining analytical instruments required.
- Strong preference for a background in ICP-OES & ICP-MS.
- A professional self-starter with high ethics and work ethic.
- Motivated to satisfy the customer’s expectations to a high level
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with customers on all levels, providing service information, technical data and general help as necessary.
- Ability to communicate internally; orally and in writing.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Understanding of excellent Customer Service
- Willingness to travel throughout Southern Africa and globally
% of Travel Required : 60-70%