Customer Service Engineer
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
OneSource is a multi vendor service organization that allows our business partners to optimize their laboratory operations. We have the people, experience and resources to provide comprehensive services worldwide. Our complete portfolio of repair managed maintenance, qualification, asset utilization and relocation services help optimize operations, control costs and ensure regulatory compliance. OneSource. One contract. One contact. One Solution.
Helps PerkinElmer customers enhance the productivity of their laboratory processes and drives high levels of customer satisfaction by providing expert service and support to customers within an assigned geographic area. Suggests and delivers services and support which includes direct installation, maintenance and repair of PerkinElmer Life and Analytical Sciences products, validation services, IQ/OQ and service agreements. Represents the face of PerkinElmer to the customer and drives repeat purchases and long term satisfaction by best-in-class responsiveness and professionalism in all customer interactions.
Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Install, maintain, verifiy performance and repair PerkinElmer equipment at customer sites ensuring best-in-class service within established time frame and assigned geographical area. Drive toward zero service recalls for any reason. Provide scheduled preventative maintenance for contract customers, remedial maintenance for non-contract customers billed at an hourly rate and all warranty services which apply to our products in the field. Complete assigned preventive maintenance calls at customer sites within prescribed time frame and established performance standards. Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to the Installation, warranty, and service agreement provisions to provide adequate billing information to the customer.
Drive the sale of new service agreements, service agreement upgrades and instrument add-ons to existing contracts. Encourage customers to purchase training, support, software, laboratory services products and field installed computer hardware upgrades. Assist and support local sales representative secure new instrument orders. Contribute to account profitability through billable labor/travel orders, parts orders, support orders, billable install orders, and consumables. Provide appropriate referral to other employees for answers to specific questions or to obtain product information.
Maintain up to date electronic and repair documentation for dispatch, inventory and service support functions of the job. Perform timely uploads and downloads of required data to ensure the integrity of the service system. Accountable for assigned company assets to include: Company vehicle, tools, test equipment, telecommunication equipment, personal service parts inventory, etc. Manage inventory levels to ensure that adequate supply and appropriate records are maintained.
Continuous Skill Development
Take an active role in developing technical skills and soft skills to maintain and enhance PerkinElmer’s value proposition to the customer. Seek higher level certification through participation in company sponsored training & development initiatives.
• Expertise on the GE Biocore product line
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, repair, and provide qualification services
• Additional service skills on other products (LC) is a strong plus
• Strong interpersonal skills; strong team player with a customer satisfaction focus
• Position is field based
• This position requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent in Biology, Chemistry, Electronics or related discipline plus minimum work experience listed above
• The physical demands defined below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will regularly required to walk, stand, sit and talk or hear; to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move weights up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Valid driver’s license. While performing the duties of this job, the employee must safely operate a motor vehicle as evidenced by a good driving record.
• Knowledge of laboratory safety practices as defined by the Company and/or the customer’s site safety code.
• Additional requirements include the ability to follow written and verbal directions, read and understand technical bulletins and service manuals, work under time constraints, maintain alertness and concentration, work safely with potential electrical, chemical, radiologic, and biologic hazards using universal precautions. Additionally the ability to operate personal computer to enter data and generate reports, and communicate clearly and effectively with customers, peers, managers and other technical support professionals are critical to successful performance in this role.
• Certification of company training on equipment in minimum of one major discipline (dependent upon geographic needs this may require – two major disciplines).