Customer Service and Administrative Assistant - Brazil
Charles River (company)
Provide dependable, quality customer service, including response to product line inquiries, efficient order processing and, handling routine phone inquiries. Provide basic administrative support to manager(s) and their organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer phone and direct calls to appropriate personnel.
- Communicate price quotations and requests for general product information via phone, fax, and mail.
- Compose necessary correspondence.
- Take orders by phone and process per company operating procedures, including processing of completed orders and filing of same.
- Enter orders into order entry system as well as changes to existing orders. Establish new customer accounts and fax order confirmations.
- Communicate with packing, shipping, labeling and inspection area staff to effectively process orders and satisfy customer requirements.
- Receive and distribute mail. Take phone messages and handle routine matters as they arise.
- Relay information and requests to department members and follow-up as needed.
- Prepare routine documents and forms as requested.
- With guidance, handle special projects and duties as needed (for example, data collection, report creation, database maintenance, contacting personnel for routine updates, etc.).
- Establish and maintain files.
- Make meeting and travel arrangements.
- Answer routine/basic questions and provide assistance relating to office operations and established policies and procedures.
- May greet visitors, set up and maintain management calendars, prepare expense reports, handle scheduling for one or more conference rooms, order office supplies, ensure office machinery is maintained and/or handle mail and shipping activities for the department.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Education: High School or G.E.D. and specialized secretarial training beyond High School. Associate’s degree (A.A./A.S.) or equivalent from two year college preferred.
- Experience: Zero to two years related experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: None.
- Language: Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required; bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Other:: Customer Service/Order entry, keyboarding accuracy and speed, excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Proficient in utilizing personal computer, e-mail and standard office software packages (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database). Broad understanding of company policies and practices. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy.
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet