Customer Representative – Vaccine Retail Pharmacy (Western, MA ) Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
The Vaccine Retail Pharmacy Customer Representative is a key member of the Vaccine Retail Pharmacy Customer Team and plays a critical role in supporting Merck's customer centric business model. He/she is responsible for working with the Vaccine Retail Pharmacy Customer Team to understand and identify Retail Pharmacy customer needs, support pull-through activities relative to the Retail Pharmacy customer strategy, and ensure that Merck is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients.
The most successful candidates for this position will have the following behaviors and attitudes in addition to the core competencies of the Customer Representative role:
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in a new and potentially ambiguous environment with a positive attitude toward flexibility and segment.
- Ability to communicate with courage and candor with all levels of the organization as we evolve our engagement model for this customer change.
- Satisfaction in building long-term account relationships and providing customer value over a continuum of time in order to deliver business results.
- Self-awareness and a positive attitude toward learning from both successes and failures. Demonstrates emotional intelligence and persistence in the face of adversity.
- Customer-centric approach with sensitivity toward the larger customer relationship with Merck.
- Peer leader and organizational champion within our One Merck Approach.
- Visionary problem-solver with a “what can be” way of approaching the business.
- Ability to effectively prioritize business opportunities and resources.
The primary activities include:
- Communicates about product in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual Retail Pharmacy customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on understanding of customer's needs
- Engages in informed discussions about products with Retail Pharmacy customers - knowing when/how to seek and provide additional information
- Within select customer accounts acts as primary point of contact for customer, meet with key customers/personnel to understand practice structure, business model, key influencers Managed Care Organization (MCO), employers, state and local regulations/network structure, customer needs and identifies business opportunities
- For select Retail Pharmacy customer accounts, coordinate with customer team to develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/ relationship, solutions and potential offerings for customer
- Partners with National Account Executives (NAEs) to maintain strong focus on Managed Care pull-through
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs
- Demonstrates a focus on better health outcomes
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers
- Identifies and selects programs/services available in the library of Merck "resources" to address customer needs
- Works with solutions group (Headquarters - HQ) and/or Medical Account Executive (MAE) to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs
- Maintain current understanding of practice structure, business model, key influencers/ network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across Merck's divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with National Account Executive (NAE), Merck Vaccines (MV) personnel, Health Management Services (HMS) Manager, Solutions Consultant, Customer Strategies and Solutions (CSS), Regional Medical Director (RMD) and other key stakeholders to share key customer learning and support customer needs
- Outstanding in all competency areas (Account Management; External Market Focus; 1:1 Customer Interactions)
- Influences beyond their specific geography or product area
Territory: Western MA
Travel % varies based on the candidates' location in territory.
The ideal residence would be in the territory.
- Required: BA/BS
- Preferred: MBA/MS
- Experience working in one or more of the following areas: Pharmaceutical/Healthcare, Sales, Consulting, Customer Service or Military.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Self- directed and organized
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities with demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships in an academic or professional setting
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Valid Driver’s License
- Prior experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs
- Demonstrated success in establishing, developing and maintaining relationships
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to policies is critical
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Channel Sales Generic
Job Title:Customer Rep., Sales
Primary Location: NA-US-CT-Hartford
Other Locations: NA-US-MA-Springfield, NA-US-Massachusetts
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Hartford
Job Segment: Customer Service Representative, Medical, Pharmacy, Consulting, Customer Service, Healthcare, Retail, Technology