Customer & Market Insights Manager (Poland, Czech Republic & Slovakia) - Czechia
|External Posting Title||Customer & Market Insights Manager (Poland, Czech Republic & Slovakia)|
|Job Description||Overview |
The Customer and Market Insights Manager will lead insights and analytics for 3 affiliates in EU+ (Poland, Czech Republic & Slovakia). Using his/her strategic thinking and business analytics capabilities, the Customer and Market Insights Manager will provide analysis; generate insights and recommendations to support the Biogen leadership teams in the respective markets. The candidate might be based in any of the following countries - Poland, Slovakia or Czech Republic.
1. Insights & Analytics
• Applies analytical expertise to support decision making, conducting critical analyses by integrating multiple data sources to provide an objective viewpoint and recommendations
• Ensures a high level of information and knowledge of Biogen and competitors performance driving strong adoption of Regional KPI dashboard C& MI
• Proactively partners with Regional C& MI to adopt centralized C& MI processes i.e. patient calculations, compliance rates, models etc.
• Lead C& MI local planning and forecasting of patients, in market units and market shares
• Validates Regional S&OP analysis to achieve effective and efficient patient supply in both markets
2 Business Operations
• Leverage your analytics expertise and brand/Therapy Area knowledge to align and support both affiliates during key business processes such as Business Reviews and Annual Operating Planning
3 Market Research & Competitor Intelligence
• Provides rigorous assessment based on Market Research outcomes, Competitor Intelligence and other data to diagnosis brand and market performance, presenting insights and recommendations
4. Business Intelligence
• Leverages standardized Regional reports i.e. Digital, Demantra etc. to communicate key information, insights and recommendations
• Analyses all relevant data and information
|Job Category||Commercial Operations|
• Min. 5 years relevant experience within a life sciences company or consulting firm supporting the healthcare industry with a specific focus on delivery of market analytics and research.
• Has a broad understanding of pharmaceutical data, including market research data, and which source to leverage in order to answer business questions most effectively. Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries is desirable.
• Excellent strategic thinking capabilities with ability to synthesize large amounts of information and logically structure deliverables
• Highly collaborative - must be able to navigate and manage the need C&MI of multiple stakeholders and take guidance and direction from Regional Customer & Market Insights and Affiliate Leadership teams
• Strong communication skills, particularly executive presentation skills
• Strong project management skills, focused on attention to detail and accuracy. Strong analytical and quantitative skill set. Strong cross-functional coordination skills.
• Driven, highly self-motivated, confident, high-energy, bright and creative individual with desire and ability to own a high profile part of the business.
• Strong capability in juggling priorities so that deadlines are met while retaining consistently high quality outcomes.
• B.S. in business, the life sciences, pharmacy, or chemistry (advanced biology, medicine-related degree preferred). MBA is desired.
• Proficient in English and at least one of the following languages: Polish, Slovak or Czech
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission:
making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Customer Service Representative, Consulting, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Science, Customer Service, Technology, Management